PPI claim with claims company then entered IVA

Hi All

I have been trying to claim back missold PPI (fron a loan paid off in full some time ago) for some time now through a claims company. While the claim was on going I entered into an IVA due to my financial situation. Only yesterday we got a call from the claims company saying our claim was nearing its end as the loan company had agreed to pay us the PPI.
I understand the PPI refund will go into my IVA but what I am worried about is as I used a claims company will I have to pay their bill out of my own pocket now I am in the IVA??

Would I be better off cannceling the claim? (Not even sure I could do that!)

Would just be my luck that we have fought for 7years to get this PPI paid back using 3 different claims companies and finally when it looks sorted - I am going to end up out of pocket!!!:mad:

Thanks for the help!!

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi there, i am sorry but you will end up with a bill from the claims co.

Do they know you are in a iva? give them a ring and ask what happens as you are now in a iva and do not have the means to pay the bill.
    Also ask your iva people about this.
  • FoggyBrain_2
    FoggyBrain_2 Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Hi. I would imagine that the claims company will take their fee from the refund, before you even get to see any of it. The rest will have to go into your IVA, I imagine, depending on what your proposal says about windfalls etc.
  • The claims company do not know anything about the IVA. The company I am claiming PPI from have nothing to do with the IVA either as this loan was paid off in full some years ago!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure