We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Amazon marketplace

Options
I placed an order via Amazon for a new item from a seller who has lots of new jewellery items for sale.
It was only after I had paid (via Amazon not directly to the seller) and received confirmation that it had been posted that I knew the item was coming from Hong Kong.

If I had known the item was coming from the far east I would not have placed the order as I have too many bad experiences with poor goods etc.

Although the 7 days had not past, I couldn't cancel as the item had been posted.
The item was sent postage free but of course it will cost me a considerable amount to send it back to Hong Kong ( another reason why I wouldn't have bought from this seller)

I contacted Amazon and stated that under the distance selling regs certain information should be made available and wasn't eg who and where exactly I was buying from.

Amazon say, nothing to do with them. However, it is Amazon who allow there site to be used by this seller and it is Amazon who took the money from me, albeit on the behalf of the seller.

I do feel conned and can't believe that Amazon can just fob me off like that. Is there anything I can do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport