honda sat nav upgrade dvd

Options
13»

Comments

• MattHawkins
    Options
    Just to make it clear to people who are browsing this thread here are few notes based on my experience with Honda Sat Nav discs :

Make sure you get a disc suitable for the hardware in your car. v2.xx discs must be used with v2 hardware. v3.xx discs must be used with v3 hardware. Honda produce updates to both versions. Don't buy a v3 disc thinking it is more up to date than a v2 disc. The v3 hardware was obviously fitted to later models and usually included voice activation. The different versions are not interchangeable.

If you buy an original disc from eBay pay attention to the region it is for. Usually there are discs for West and East Europe. People often sell the East Europe disc from their 2 disc set. So be careful you don't buy the wrong disc. If the seller doesn't state what region the disc is for then avoid it.

If it isn't a properly Honda stamped disc it is almost certainly a copy. Therefore illegal. Disclaimers don't stop a copied disc being illegal or prevent the selling of it being an offence. (This isn't a moral judgement just a statement of fact. Whether you should buy/sell copied discs is another topic altogether). If you want a copied disc you might as well just obtain it for free.

The original discs hold their value quite well. There is an argument for buying a genuine disc from Honda and then replacing it every 1 or 2 years, selling the old one. The difference in price is probably no worse than getting fleeced by TomTom for updates to their devices every year. I've got sat nav in my car and a TomTom for hire-car journeys so I've experienced the joys of both systems!

The original discs are expensive but this isn't specific to Honda. Most manufacturers are the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure