Boiler service invoice

Options
Quick question:

Last month I paid an invoice for a service to my boiler plus parts required etc.

Today I received a further invoice stating "extras unaccounted for on first invoice" - totalling £135 :eek: EXTRA

As I believed that the first invoice received was for full and final settlement am I obliged to pay the second one??
Life is a rollercoaster.....ya just gotta ride it:whistle:

Comments

• Aquatronixjenny
    Options
    That is disgraceful behaviour from this company... I run a plumbing company and if I mess up on an invoice then it's my fault. Have you asked for a breakdown of the first invoice and then a full breakdown of the parts they say they have not charged you for?

When we complete a job, we write out a 'customer satisfaction form' on site and get the customer to sign it. This states the full price the customer will be charged and once this is signed we cannot charge any more. Did they get you to sign anything with a price on it?
  • danlojo
    danlojo Posts: 564 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

He just said the company would send an invoice.

I have contacted them and discussed the second invoice and they said they'd get back to me.

He stated that sometimes when they order parts the company they order from they send late bills and therefore they don't have the prices to hand. If that's the case then why send out the first invoice?

I do think they're trying to pull a fast one as on the first bill I had been charged 2 x 3.5 hours for labour and 4 x travelling costs and then on the second they added another 3 hours labour and another travelling cost. They had only been to my property twice and admittedly as it is a commercial boiler they were here 3 hours but definitely NOT 3 hours the second time. I also questioned a part which was added on both invoices and they differed in price by over £5:eek:

I'm so angry but also worried that I may end up paying an extra cost which I never expected.
    Life is a rollercoaster.....ya just gotta ride it:whistle:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport