🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

TopTable manipulating restaurant feedback!!

Options
right this is going to be short as I wrote out a huge page and the mse time out the page:mad::mad::mad:

Anyone else aware that Toptable are picking and chosing which reviews:mad: to submit?

I booked to use my toptable points at Montrose in Tunbridge Wells as they had fantastic reviews and i enjoy fine dining. After having my table confirmed I was called by TT only hours prior ,to amend my booking as they were apparently fully booked.

It made my evening a massive rush and I was horrified to get there only to find the restaurant cold and empty- just one other couple the WHOLE night!!!

The food was unimpressive £37 for a main of steak and lobster, steak wasnt particularly good quality and menu said it would be served with confit of tomato and field mushrooms..... instead we received the most basic garden salad lettuce/tom/cucumber/celery- paltry for £37. To top it off the hand cut chips were raw in the middle!!

I did my toptable review and was shocked to discover that my review was not published....

:eek::eek: I find this very serious that Toptable are manipulating reviews to make their affilate restaurants look good and it undermines what the whole website is about..

I think its time to start using another restaurant booking and review site...

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    OnTheUp wrote: »
    Anyone else aware that Toptable are picking and chosing which reviews:mad: to submit?

Yes. It's a common criticism of Toptable.

Here's a blog entry from a year ago that says that Toptable don't publish negative reviews of restaraunts;

http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2010/05/toptable_restaurant_site_deletes.html

and here's a Ciao review from two years ago that says the same thing

http://www.ciao.co.uk/www_toptable_co_uk__Review_5833972

Draw your own conclusions.
  • OnTheUp_2-2
    OnTheUp_2-2 Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    thank you for the links. I really am disgusted as you cannot make an informed choice if you are not able to see all the genuine reviews, which in turn makes it a totally pointless website

furthermore ive had two bookings inconviently ammended after theyve been confirmed which completely wastes the point of their booking system
  • OnTheUp_2-2
    OnTheUp_2-2 Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    I have made a complaint to the restaurant and await their response. As for TopTable I have emailed them and asked them to contact me to provide an explaination.

From now on I will not be relying on the reviews on TopTable.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family