Options
12346»

Comments

• broxis11
    broxis11 Posts: 240 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2011 at 9:36PM
    Options
    backfoot wrote: »
    Why were you calling on an existing customer?

Don't you have records of your own Customers?

Isn't it likely to be confusing to an 80+ year old? :(

Why shouldn`t I call on an existing customer?

Of course we have records of our customers and I was fully aware of the fact that she was with BG before I called. The purpose of the call was to advise the customer that we could install free loft and cavity wall insulation for her. This particular customer had already had that work carried out.

For the record, the customer was delighted that we had taken the time to meet with her and I have received a call from a family member expressing thanks for resolving the SSE issue.
    :money:
  • backfoot
    backfoot Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    broxis11 wrote: »

Of course we have records of our customers and I was fully aware of the fact that she was with BG before I called. The purpose of the call was to advise the customer that we could install free loft and cavity wall insulation for her. This particular customer had already had that work carried out.

For the record, the customer was delighted that we had taken the time to meet with her and I have received a call from a family member expressing thanks for resolving the SSE issue.

Sounds like a job well done. :T
  • dc
    dc Posts: 2,547 Forumite
    Options
    broxis11 wrote: »

Are you sure you were not calling because the switch had been flagged ;)
    ac's lovechild
  • broxis11
    broxis11 Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    dc wrote: »
    Are you sure you were not calling because the switch had been flagged ;)

Quite sure as I actually saw the SSE rep in the street the day before and called on the customer the following day. The customer didn`t re-enter into a contract with BG as she was still within the cancellation period. If `save` data is given to a BG rep, it`s after a switch has gone through, not the following day.

Worringly, the customer has since called me back to say that she had received welcome letters from SSE despite phoning to cancel the day after signing up. The contract was finally cancelled after I advised her to phone them again.
    :money:
  • schrodie
    schrodie Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    Options
    Bentley clearly doesn't live in the real world as he's got absolutely no comprehension of the misery and danger the poorest and most vulnerable are now in thanks to the decision by BG to massively increase their prices.

He casually mentions the WFA but he conveniently forgets that it's now worth even less thanks to BG's huge price rises so some may well have to decide whether to heat or eat. No doubt Bentley'll be having a warm and cosy Winter without having to make these decisions.
  • chris1973
    chris1973 Posts: 965 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2011 at 6:31PM
    Options
    Bentley clearly doesn't live in the real world as he's got absolutely no comprehension of the misery and danger the poorest and most vulnerable are now in thanks to the decision by BG to massively increase their prices.
    Since when did the role of MD have to come with a sympathetic nature?, he is employed by British Gas and not Age Concern, and I doubt he got the position through being caring and understanding!.

So you've appealed to his better nature, and its obvious that he doesn't have one. So what next??
    "Dont expect anybody else to support you, maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse, but you never know when each one, might run out" - Mary Schmich
  • schrodie
    Options
    chris1973 wrote: »
    Since when did the role of MD have to come with a sympathetic nature?, he is employed by British Gas and not Age Concern, and I doubt he got the position through being caring and understanding!.

So you've appealed to his better nature, and its obvious that he doesn't have one. So what next??

Undertakers have a good Winter!!!
  • magyar
    magyar Posts: 18,909 Forumite
    Options
    schrodie wrote: »
    No doubt Bentley'll be having a warm and cosy Winter without having to make these decisions.

I'm sure that's the case, but it's a hugely facile analogy. Should every landlord of a property forgo profit from poor tenants? Should supermarkets provide food at cost to the poor?

Before having a go at one institution, you could ask the government why they are effectively asking people in fuel poverty to fund 12% government-backed returns on solar panels owned by the rich?

You could ask them why they are giving nuclear operators a windfall payment because of the carbon floor they're introducing?

Or why despite millions of pounds spent on energy saving measures (also paid for out of energy bills), annual energy demand continues to rise unchecked.

All of these have a comparable effect to the profits earned by retail energy suppliers.
    Says James, in my opinion, there's nothing in this world
    Beats a '52 Vincent and a red headed girl
  • schrodie
    Options
    magyar wrote: »

Before having a go at one institution, you could ask the government why they are effectively asking people in fuel poverty to fund 12% government-backed returns on solar panels owned by the rich?

So it's only rich people who have solar panels then. ;)
  • magyar
    magyar Posts: 18,909 Forumite
    Options
    schrodie wrote: »
    So it's only rich people who have solar panels then. ;)

Depends on your definition of 'rich', but if you have £15k to afford to stick panels on your roof, then you're certainly not in fuel poverty and you're being subsidised by those who are.

OK so some people rent out their roofs, in which case some other well-off person/company is getting the feed-in tariff (and thus a guaranteed income stream) subsidised by those who aren't lucky enough to have a suitable roof.

And all so that we can generate... erm... very little.
    Says James, in my opinion, there's nothing in this world
    Beats a '52 Vincent and a red headed girl
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family