We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Acer 5336 Issue

Options
Hiya, under 30 days ago I recieved a laptop from my insurers Endsleigh as a replacement for the laptop which was broken in an accident (I had it insured for accidental damage).

Yesterday my partner was using it to play Command and conquer and during the game the screen has gone faulty and now down the right hand side of the screen is a big white band.

I'm fuming! The models gone faulty before 30 days is even up! Who do I call though? Acer or the loss adjusters?

Comments

• ultimatedingbat
    Options
    update: I sent the laptop back to Acer and they've come back saying the screens cracked! It wasn't cracked when I sent it. I'm furious! THey want either £123 to fix it or £50 to return it! Why should I be paying to return it when I beleive it was damaged in transit. So much to do. Anyone got any advice please
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sounds like they are saying the white band is caused by a crack in the outer edge of the screen. its unusual for an LCD screen to display bands if its not cracked...
  • ultimatedingbat
    Options
    There was no obvious crack i nthe screen. I've had a similar issue before and it was just some faulty wiring/ an lcd screen that went faulty. Right now I'm not as fussed about that however will I really be paying £55 (checked the ltter thats the correct amount) get to it back! IT's in warranty and I know I can get it fixed cheaper than thisl
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aren't you still covered for accidental damage?
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • ultimatedingbat
    Options
    Halibut - No I'm not as the insurance policy that I had accidental damage on came to an end the day before I had to send the laptop back. IT was a student policy and I can not get a new student policy until I start my new academic year.

UPDATE: Acer has consistantly lied to me the past two days, I was told to expect my laptop back yesterday as it was shipped Weds, I phoned today to find it hadn't even been shipped yet and I won't get it till Monday! I've lodged an official complaint and I am waiting on an answer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport