Balance Transfer - Twice

Options
I have just transferred my £3000 balance from my Morgan Stanley card to my MBNA one. However, MBNA paid the £3000 twice, so I now have a £6000 balance with MBNA and a -£3000 balance with Morgan Stanley!

MBNA say that they tried to reclaim the second transfer, but Morgan Stanley won't return it without my permission. Morgan Stanley say to me they will transfer the balance back - but with a fee for balance transfer!!! I really don't see why I should have to pay the fee for a transfer that was not my fault.

Any advice please?

Comments

• sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would phone mbna and ask them as it was there mistake in the first place if they will pay the balance transfer fee. In another scenario ask Morgan Stanley to send you a cheque for the amount you have in credit, the money is either mbna's or yours, certainly not Morgan Stanleys. You can then repay mbna.

John
  • haymans74
    Options
    Ah the cheque is a good idea! Thanks for the speedy reply :)
  • jojo1978_3
    jojo1978_3 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like MBNA are trying to recall it tho, so you should just need to give morgan stanley your authorisation for this to go ahead, and they should complete it, no fees involved as its a recall
    :)Henry James Born 18/03/2011-11 days late!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure