MSE News: HSBC given PPI complaints extension

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
7 replies 3.4K views
MSE_GuyMSE_Guy MSE Staff
1.7K Posts
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"HSBC joins Barclays, Lloyds and RBS in the temporary deal, mainly as a result of a self-inflicted backlog ..."

Replies

  • Stephen_LeakStephen_Leak
    8.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. They caused the problem in the first place, they get themselves out of it. They work harder and/or longer and/or employ more people.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • src007src007 Forumite
    420 Posts
    There are a number people who had been waiting for a final response to their PPI complaints against HSBC for as long as 6 months when the Judical Review kicked off.

    The bank hadn't responded to their complaint at all for 6 months!

    Due to the lack of co-operation the complaints then went to the FOS. When upheld, the bank didn't respond at all claiming they ''couldn't'' because of the Judical Review. They hadn't applied for permission to put complaints ''on hold''.

    Now some complaints had been waiting for a year with absolutely no comment from the bank.

    Since the Judical Review has ended many weeks ago, guess what - the bank still haven't responded. :rotfl:

    For the FSA now to ''allow them'' them 16 weeks respond, is an absolute joke.

    They've shown during the last year that they can do what they like. Whats the point of this timescale? All fun and games for those jokers, although I expect some people in financial difficulty, dealing with the stress of making a complaint through the FOS, won't be laughing.
  • shellbo10shellbo10 Forumite
    61 Posts
    src007 wrote: »
    There are a number people who had been waiting for a final response to their PPI complaints against HSBC for as long as 6 months when the Judical Review kicked off.

    The bank hadn't responded to their complaint at all for 6 months!

    Due to the lack of co-operation the complaints then went to the FOS. When upheld, the bank didn't respond at all claiming they ''couldn't'' because of the Judical Review. They hadn't applied for permission to put complaints ''on hold''.

    Now some complaints had been waiting for a year with absolutely no comment from the bank.

    Since the Judical Review has ended many weeks ago, guess what - the bank still haven't responded. :rotfl:

    For the FSA now to ''allow them'' them 16 weeks respond, is an absolute joke.

    They've shown during the last year that they can do what they like. Whats the point of this timescale? All fun and games for those jokers, although I expect some people in financial difficulty, dealing with the stress of making a complaint through the FOS, won't be laughing.
    What a joke all these people some in great financial hardship,still having to wait whilst the banks keep making more interest on the money they owe eveyone.
    :mad::mad::mad:
  • LouisJKLouisJK Forumite
    17 Posts
    I bet in 16 weeks they will still be telling some pre-judicial claims that there is a delay.
  • shellbo10 wrote: »
    What a joke all these people some in great financial hardship,still having to wait whilst the banks keep making more interest on the money they owe eveyone.
    :mad::mad::mad:

    Actually the banks will have to pay out 8% interest, so the longer it takes, the more they have to pay out.

    Take that banks!
    I drum and knit to help Independent Drummers and Knitters to comply with their rhythms and knitting patterns. Although I am qualified to, I don't advise drummers or knitters for reward.
  • Harley80Harley80 Forumite
    29 Posts
    src007 wrote: »
    There are a number people who had been waiting for a final response to their PPI complaints against HSBC for as long as 6 months when the Judical Review kicked off.

    The bank hadn't responded to their complaint at all for 6 months!

    Due to the lack of co-operation the complaints then went to the FOS. When upheld, the bank didn't respond at all claiming they ''couldn't'' because of the Judical Review. They hadn't applied for permission to put complaints ''on hold''.

    Now some complaints had been waiting for a year with absolutely no comment from the bank.

    Since the Judical Review has ended many weeks ago, guess what - the bank still haven't responded. :rotfl:

    For the FSA now to ''allow them'' them 16 weeks respond, is an absolute joke.

    They've shown during the last year that they can do what they like. Whats the point of this timescale? All fun and games for those jokers, although I expect some people in financial difficulty, dealing with the stress of making a complaint through the FOS, won't be laughing.

    Unless I'm reading it wrong, that isn't the case for those that were put on hold due to the JR. It states that those put on hold must be resolved by the end of August, so nearer 8 weeks than 16.
  • src007src007 Forumite
    420 Posts
    Harley80 wrote: »
    Unless I'm reading it wrong, that isn't the case for those that were put on hold due to the JR. It states that those put on hold must be resolved by the end of August, so nearer 8 weeks than 16.

    Complaints came 'off hold' in early May, so there's been some waiting already.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8501907/British-banks-drop-PPI-mis-selling-appeal.html

    Although my ability at counting weeks, isn't brilliant! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides