Not quite sure what's going to happen now...

Options
Hi guys

Something weird has happened - my girlfriend has recieved a letter to her home from Creation Financial Services saying they have legally assigned the debt to Aquired Debt Limited including all rights and interests etc...

The letter was for somebody else, but it is my girlfriends address ( although it's a "care of" address) - though my girlfriend has no idea who the person is.

Now the strange thing is, both my girlfriend and I work for Creation Financial Services so it was a bit of a shock to us. It's given us a contact number to call which is constantly engaged - needless to say shes a bit distressed as she doesn't want her house black-listed...anybody know what else we can do in the mean time?

Comments

• Toomuchdebt
    Options
    How odd-could you see the person who wrote the letter at work and ask what's going on?
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • samat2001
    Options
    I don't think I could - where we work is based in Yardley, Birmingham, and the letter is from someone in our collections department - who I think are in Leeds. The account number of the account is on the letter so I'm going to take it to work later and have a look at it...how very strange though :confused:
  • Toomuchdebt
    Options
    ah right-there is probably an internal phone number though to save you waiting on the public number.Let us know what happens.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • samat2001
    Options
    Just got back from work - checked the account over and it turns out that the person who's account this is lived at my girlfriends address in the past - the account was open in 1992 and had a write-off marker on there on 1993 - it's only now been passed onto the debt recovery guys...I'll call em in the morning and sort it all out.
  • Phoenix79_2
    Phoenix79_2 Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    They'll never get that debt back! If it hasn't been acknowledged in 6 years then they can't pursue can they? Must have been a shock for you to get a letter like that from your employers even if it was nothing to do with you!

p.s I thought you Creation Financial Services bods were based in Solihull? Or is that a different part of the company?
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    I think its poetic justice in a way.
    Employees of the company getting letters that they send out chasing debts.

Now they know what effect they have visa vi stress etc.
    Nice one!
  • samat2001
    Options
    Phoenix79 wrote:
    They'll never get that debt back! If it hasn't been acknowledged in 6 years then they can't pursue can they? Must have been a shock for you to get a letter like that from your employers even if it was nothing to do with you!

p.s I thought you Creation Financial Services bods were based in Solihull? Or is that a different part of the company?

Customer Services is in Yardley, other departments are based in Solihull (We used to be in the same building but moved out about 3 years ago...it's only a mile away lol)

I phoned them up this morning...first thing they said is "Do you know this person?" (The person who the letter was addressed to) - I said no and explained the situation...he said he'd sort it out. Seems simple lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure