garlik credit rating

Options
hi guys,

signed up 2 galik.com and they obtained by credit rating by "call credit" who say my credit score is 772- good. Just thought I'd ask if anyone knew how 'good' that really is in terms of getting 4 eg a morgan stanley platinum credit card (3% cashback!)- btw im a student with pt job

thanks!!

Comments

• sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Each credit card company will have their own criteria, so no one can really answer that I'm afraid.
  • sheryldoc
    Options
    platinum cards im sure require u earn over a certain amount.. your credit scor means nothing in terms of obtaining credit really..
  • mogreen786
    Options
    oh well....:confused:

thanks anyhew!
  • sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    Options
    Yes but the Garlik score system and the other credit reference agencies systems are not standardised.

So a score of say 400 with one might be great, but with another it may be rubbish.

Coupled with the fact that each creditor has different requirements, you can't rely on your score thats provided by the credit report.

It is of course a good indication of your credit status and from that you can probably determine if you will be accepted or not for a particular type of credit.
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    Options
    Credit scores are ploys used by CRA's as a marketing gimmick to make money.
    Your score in reality means very little except as a comparison against others who have used the service.

It will not determine whether any financial institution gives you credit or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure