Is Citibank Platinum card's rate for BT a gd deal?

Options
Hello,
just seen an offer for BT at the rate of 4.9% for the life of balance and BT fee of £2.5%

Does it sound like a good deal? I read the Terms and Conditions but I don't really understand it...:o

Has anyone got any experiences with Citibank (good or bad) or even Intelligent Finance? (Think their rates are similar)

Trying to clear my husband's 8k cc debts (HSBC and Halifax) and can't apply for &more as it's apparently owned by HSBC.

Many thanks

Monika

Comments

• Phoenix79_2
    Phoenix79_2 Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    There is no apparently about it.....HSBC do indeed own the &More card.

Also IF is run by HBOS so you may not be able to transfer your Halifax balance to that.

Had no experience of Citibank sorry. I do think you have to earn a minimum of £20k to get one though

edit: Ypu could apply for the &More card and just transfer your Halifax balance across and apply for the IF card (i think they are both no fee) and transfer your HSBC balance to that. Thats one way of working it
  • INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a Citi card for low rate B/t, I dunno if it's true or not-but I got the impression they charge intereset on the balance transfer rate,a nd then a separate interest rate on the interest for the balance transfer.
    Anyone else know otherwise, I quickly paid off the balance and will be closing down that card!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure