If I am nt pay back credit card !!

Options
:confused:
I have a Morgan Stanley credit card , currently have 1000 pounds debts on it , if I wil not pay back the money forever, wot is the worst things wil happening to me ? The debt collecter wil come 2 my door ?
I dont care the credit rating , just cant pay back
Thanks
Tracy

Comments

• JasonW_2
    JasonW_2 Posts: 705 Forumite
    Options
    Well you should care about the credit rating and find a way to pay it back. At least speak to them to let them know you're having problems paying and they will let you know if they can help, or what happens next. Ignoring it and hoping it will go away could have bad implications on your ability to get credit in the next few years, upto 6 years. Also a bit more info on why you "can't" pay it back might mean someone can help
  • tabytha
    tabytha Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Joke post maybe?
  • Bokken_2
    Bokken_2 Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to MSE.
    The worst that WILL happen is you won't be able to get any credit at all.
    A mortgage to the value you would like,no DFS sofa ,no car etc.
    Court appearances for being a debter etc.
    All of that is a bit harsh for a £1000 pounds don't you think?
    have a good look around the other forums ,debt free wannabes forum may be a insiprational place to start.
    Everyones circumstances are different and at this time you may only be able to pay a little back but over time you will get rid of it there are lots of people here that will help you along the way.
    Think smarter not harder and you will be able to get that debt down.
    Have a look at ways to create FREE cash and use that to help pay off some of the debt.
    Good luck.
  • Bokken_2
    Bokken_2 Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    Or just a newbie that needs help and insipration.
  • Cara79
    Cara79 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    ukposhgirl wrote:
    :confused:
    I have a Morgan Stanley credit card , currently have 1000 pounds debts on it , if I wil not pay back the money forever, wot is the worst things wil happening to me ? The debt collecter wil come 2 my door ?
    I dont care the credit rating , just cant pay back
    Thanks
    Tracy
    Hi there

Well if you have £1000 debt on your credit card and intend never to pay it back, it will accrue interest daily. If you can never pay it back - why accrue the debt in the first place?

Your debt will be passed to a debt collector, who in turn will start court proceedings to claim the debt back.

This will affect your credit rating for life. You should care. This will affect you getting any other bank accounts, any other credit cards, loans and of course a mortgage. If you are married or ever intend to marry and get joint accounts etc your bad credit history/rating will affect your spouse.

Why not post some more details so we can help?

Also, why not speak to your credit card company and explain you are haivng problems and they may freeze the interest or you could agree a monthly amount that you can pay.

Obviously we are not aware of your circumstances, but posting a statement of affairs on the debt free wannabe board will help. £1,000 is an amount of money that can easily be paid off. Again, I will reiterate we do not know if you have other debts or problems.

Post some more details and maybe we can help.
    Cara
  • Chadsman
    Chadsman Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    eventually you could/would be made bankrupt meaning you would lose your car, house, furniture, just about anything of value.
    God save the King!
    I'll save Winston Churchill, Jane Austen, J. M. W. Turner and Alan Turing.
  • INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a silly post!
    Why spend the money in the first place!
    All good standing people pay in the long run with rate and charges for bad debt!
    If you call them they can set up an arrangement, it will show on your credit file, as previously mentioned make it hard for you to get credit, even make it hard for you to get a mobile phone contract!
  • carl310166
    Options
    It's got to be a wind up post,isn't it???
    Sponsored by Tesco Clubcard Points !!
  • INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah, judging by the username!
  • ukposhgirl
    Options
    i want be a posh , nt a posh , the upper ppl is a stupid , i want a answer nt a laugh , u better cut the !!!! off
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure