Dads LG 5o Inch tv Broke after 2 years 2 months help please

Options
Hi I am hoping someone can help my dad's LG 50inch tv went off last night the standby light is on but no picture and no sound we can't afford a new one but is hoping someone can help us with any rights we may have the tv was bought from curry's and I believe it was purchased using his debit card but he didn't get the extended warranty the tv has been well looked after so it has not be broken by neglect any help would be great please x

Comments

• CoolHotCold
    CoolHotCold Posts: 2,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    First thing to do is try LG on 0844 8471400 You never know, they might offer a FOC repair. However this is entirely down to LG as they have no responsibilities as your rights are with the retailer, however it never hurts to ask first.

Can you give us any more information such as Price paid and the model number?
  • genewizard
    Options
    Hi its the LG 50PG30 he paid £599 for it as it was in the sale and had £500 off the price x
  • dreamypuma
    dreamypuma Posts: 1,339 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3073916

Read post 4 or feel free to use the search function for a million and one threads on similar subjects.
    My farts hospitalize small children :o
  • genewizard
    Options
    Ok we got a tv engineer to have a look at it and the tv is unfixable so I emailed LG and they basicaly said contact Curry's they sold you the tv
  • Unintentional
    Options
    genewizard wrote: »
    Ok we got a tv engineer to have a look at it and the tv is unfixable so I emailed LG and they basicaly said contact Curry's they sold you the tv

Ask the engineer to produce a report if it is a inherit fault and not of your own. then contact currys
    I try to help as much as I can. But I'm also honest and speak my mind.

Smoke free since Jan 2014 :D If you want any advice on quitting please send me a PM. :)
  • CoolHotCold
    CoolHotCold Posts: 2,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ask the engineer to produce a report if it is a inherit fault and not of your own. then contact currys

Actually contact Currys first, as they may not ask for a report done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport