Claiming back failed IVA payments

Options
Hi, am unable to find a similar thread so starting my own!!

I failed an IVA around 2 years ago and am now dealing direct with my creditors through a DMP. I'd paid around 15 payments of approx £300 by the time of failure (due to redundancy), as far as I am aware no payments were made to my creditors but were all swallowed up by "admin" from the IVA provider.

As a company I found them useless and rude (once I had taken out the IVA!!) and would rather claim this money back from them and pay towards my debts, so my question....

I beleive that as I signed a direct debit guarantee I am entitled to an immediate refund of any direct debit payments made within a 7 year period. What will my IVA provider actually be entitled to ask me for (if anything) for their "service" during my IVA and what rights do they have to chase?

Comments

• FoggyBrain_2
    FoggyBrain_2 Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. All depends on the arrangment you had with them and the wording of any paperwork signed. They are entitled to be paid for work done ( even if badly in your eyes), namely preparing the proposal, which three years ago, before creditors really clamped down on fees, would swallow about £2000 - £2500. Then, on top of that supervisory fees at whgatever rate you agreed at the time. I doubt you'd see any money returned voluntarily. If your complaint has sufficient weight you could try complaining to their regulatory body.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure