any nice places to eat near East Midlands airport?

Options
Staying at the travelodge near to east midlands airport in Jan and wondering if there are any nice restaurants/pubs/takeaway nearby that anyone can recommend please?

Thanks very much : )

Comments

• babiebeany
    Options
    The Priesthouse hotel and restaurant is very nice, down a lovely country lane and next to a river. Head into Castle Donnington, which is signposted and only one road in/out. At the traffic lights turn left and follow that road to it's end where you will find the Priesthouse. Enjoy....
  • chinup_3
    chinup_3 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    kegworth 'across the road- ish ' is worth a look too.
    remember always -'' life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage''
  • GlennTheBaker
    Options
    Donington Manor in Castle Donington village has just been given a facelift and I read a really good review of it in the Metro paper last week - I haven't been myself. I would agree that the Priest House is a good bet too, you can eat in the bar if you don't fancy going the whole hog in the restaurant.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • Alikay
    Alikay Posts: 5,147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Coopers Arms at Weston on Trent is very nice too, and pretty near the Travelodge on the A50 between Derby and EMA if that's the one you're using.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why not the Little Chef inside the Donnington Park services, which is where I assume you are staying. Nice home cooked food, and reasonable prices, and if you hunt around, you will usually find coupons for 2 for 1 deals , oh, and you get free top-ups of coffee:beer: :T
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure