How do I sell tickets legally

Hi all,

I bought 2 x tickets for Take That in October when they went on sale for Cardiff in June. My circumstances have now changed (we are skint!:() and I wanted to know if anyone knows
a. the legalities of selling the tickets
b. where the best place to do this is?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    As they are not football tickets (or any event with segregation) you are free to sell them however and whenever you want.
  • saintjammyswine
    saintjammyswine Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    Oh right, thanks. Any clues on the best place to sell them both in terms of likely value and reputation?
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Oh right, thanks. Any clues on the best place to sell them both in terms of likely value and reputation?

Ebay is probably best if you have an account with good feedback.
  • saintjammyswine
    saintjammyswine Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    Dont have one and not sure about trusting ebay, heard too many bad stories. Even though I am selling I dont want to get scammed in some way and not get the money. I wouldnt buy anything from someone with no history or feedback, especially something like tickets!

Thanks for the help though.
  • sb2_2
    sb2_2 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Your best bet is to ask around and try to sell them to friends, otherwise there are lots of websites that people buy and sell tickets. Google is your friend :)
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Do you know anybody that has an account that would sell them for you? I've sold tickets on ebay countless times and only had a problem once. On that occasion I had allowed the buyer a few weeks to pay (never again!) and then she came back and said she was unexpectedly getting married and would be on honeymoon so no longer needed them. I checked her profile and saw that she had actually bought better seats from someone else ... and established through Facebook that she was already married! I very politely advised her of the above, and the money was in my account within a few hours! ;)
    Gone ... or have I?
  • starfishpie
    starfishpie Posts: 49 Forumite
    If you only want to sell for the price you paid and not for profit, then try Scarlet Mist. I have bought and sold tickets through them, it's very easy and ethical too!
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    I sold mine for Croke Park via facebook - just put a message on my profile and an old colleague bought them from me, for the ticket price.

I did the same thing, by buying Peter Kay from another old colleague, and go to see him next week, whoop whoop.

At least you know you are buying and selling from someone you know, and who hopefully won't rip you off!

I wish I was going to Take That now.... :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport