car loan needed

pjays666
pjays666 Posts: 53 Forumite
i have my own business which has suffered during the last 2 years and as a result my credit score is appalling. I now need to change my car as my current one is costing too much to run and repair. Business is going well again and im now in position to move forward but bad credit (caused by lack of work) is still holding me back - any advice with regards car finance and rebuilding credit score
pjays666 :rotfl:

Need to sort my credit file asap

Comments

• akabelson
    akabelson Posts: 24
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    When i ran my own telecommunications business i used a company up here in scotland called DCH Ltd...there a private leasing company and dont do any credit checks on vehicles...dont know if they have branches elsewhere throughout the u.k...but was good for me as i had just started up the business and didnt have much of a credit history with the company...could've been seen as a high risk client...but no checks were done :/
    They lease the vehicle out and at the end of the term, if you want to buy the vehicle outright...decent enough sum...if not then just hand the vehicle back...Lease To Buy if i rememeber correctly.
  • bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    Just save up for a couple of months, head up the Auction with £3000 in your pocket and you will go.home with something half decent.

Use websites like CarGiant etc and take about a grand or off the pruce to give you an idea od a sensible.price to pay for a car at Auction.

WOMA Auctions sell a lot of ex Plod cars, be very picky and you could get a bargain, a hard driven Astra with a 1.7dti engine in Design spec, half leathr and alloy wheels, for around the £3000 mark, though you will have to spend some money on it fixing holes in the roof and getting the seats repaired as teh leather gets ripped by the utility belts coppers wear.

Though they are 3 yr old diesel.hatches with around 80k on the clock. Cheapish motoring for those with no interest in looking fancy. Actually they may be cheaper now, not been to WOMA for years.
  • Woody._2
    Woody._2 Posts: 472 Forumite
    Please don't buy an abused ex-police car.
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    atrixblue.-MFR-. Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Woody. wrote: »
    Please don't buy an abused ex-police car.

there are perks to buying one. not a bashed about plod car, but a traffic car is a whole different ball game.

some ex plods (and traffics) mainly used for liaseon can come with some pretty good specs. uprgraded rear discs from drums, metal sump guard, an alloy/steel spare instead of a pizza cutter saver spare, fog lamps, uprgrded battery, serviced regular and look after at any cost. only down side is they take off anything they deem to be official police items, ive known a few to slip the net though, like strobe relays, diesel pump and turbo tweaks, tracker.

downside have to get the thing retaxed at a dvla office the first time you tax it.
  • Woody._2
    Woody._2 Posts: 472 Forumite
    there are perks to buying one. not a bashed about plod car, but a traffic car is a whole different ball game.

some ex plods (and traffics) mainly used for liaseon can come with some pretty good specs. uprgraded rear discs from drums, metal sump guard, an alloy/steel spare instead of a pizza cutter saver spare, fog lamps, uprgrded battery, serviced regular and look after at [STRIKE]any cost[/STRIKE] minimun cost. only down side is they take off anything they deem to be official police items, ive known a few to slip the net though, like strobe relays, diesel pump and turbo tweaks, tracker.

downside have to get the thing retaxed at a dvla office the first time you tax it.

Traffic cars used for TPAC, so means they have been in at least one crash. Police don't keep cars simply for liaison these days, that's just ebay spin.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure