Update - 2 year old in her own bed - Thank you!

Options
Ok, trying not to be too complacent but tried a mixture of tips and advice I was given and put my daughter into her own bed last night, expecting a very long and fraught night.

I kept telling her throughout the day she would be going into her own bed with her favourite toys that night, she kept telling me no, I kept telling her she would!

Put a stair gate on her bedroom but left the door open so she didnt feel isolated and left a light on upstairs so it wasnt pitch black.

She got out of bed about 4 times, 4 times I went back in, told her it was bed time, she cried/screamed for 20 minutes and was asleep before and slept until 6.45.

If I had known it was going to be like that I would have done it months ago!

Ok, not expecting every night to be such a dream and am sure there will be some teething problems, but have been telling her today she will be in her own bed and she is not arguing which is an improvement. Didnt think that trick would work but she understands more than I give her credit for.

So thanks to everyone who replied, have picked a few tips that seemed to work for us and I have finally reclaimed my bed - bliss!

Comments

• go_cat
    go_cat Posts: 2,509 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thats brilliant :)

Stay firm with putting her back when she gets up and you will be fine. With my DS i just kept reminding him what a big boy he was and he loved it
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    fantastic sounds like she and you both did well
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Options
    Well done you! Sounds like my son - I dreaded it but first night 10 mins of shouting, 2nd 5, bit of a relapse on the 3rd night but stayed strong and from that night til now (he's 13) he's only ever been up in the night or fussed about going when he has been poorly - including on holiday , travelling, house moves etc etc
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport