free skating at john nike ice rink bristol xmas day

Options
There is free skating and skate hire on xmas day we all go with the kids and have a great time whilst the turkey cooks!
get ur skates on and remember the thick socks the boots are killers!!!!
:j I sometimes give myself admirable advice, but am incapable of taking it.

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you know if this is all day, or what times it is? Quite sure I won't want to take advantage of it, but the in-laws are down, and I know Grandma would love to go, if she dares and Grandad will let her! :rotfl:
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • LearningToSave.
    Options
    yes would love more details please
  • hjd
    hjd Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Options
    Same thing at Bracknell I think - someone who is a JW told me as apparently they all meet up there then, since it's just a normal day to them.
  • rosebyanyothername
    Options
    usually between eleven and two just turn up and the cafe is open so u can have a coffee

What better way to enjoy the festive season than with a spot of skating at Bristol's only indoor ice rink. Join the ice rink on Christmas Day when between 11.00 and 14.00 you can skate for free!

Bristol Ice Rink is open throughout the Christmas period. Normal opening hours 21 - 23 and 27 - 30 December.

24 Dec - The rink is open 10.00 - 13.00 and 14.00 - 17.00
    25 Dec - The rink is open 11.00 - 14.00, Free Skate!
    26 Dec - The rink is open 10.00 - 15.00
    31 Dec - The rink is open 10.00 - 13.00 and 14.00 - 17.00
    1 Jan - The rink is open 12.00 - 15.00 and 16.30 - 18.00

Normal opening hours commence from 2 January.
    Opening 2006 24/12/2006 - 05/01/2007
    Road Directions

Bristol Ice Rink is located just off the city centre and Park Street, adjacent to Trenchard Street car park.
    Public Transport Directions

Accessible from any bus to Bristol City Centre. Save money with a bus skate ticket available on First buses.
    Facilities

* Bus Route
    * Bar
    * Groups Accepted
    * Special group rates
    * Accept coach parties
    * Cater for groups
    * Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
  • chrispyphillips
    Options
    Awwww, i dont live in Bristol anymore!!!!! Gutted! I'll tell m pals though, although last time I went there my mate fell over and badly sprained her wrist, spent most of the night in casualty! not nice!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    Awwww, i dont live in Bristol anymore!!!!! Gutted! I'll tell m pals though, although last time I went there my mate fell over and badly sprained her wrist, spent most of the night in casualty! not nice!
    Yes, that's my only worry ... although I won't be a casualty personally!

Many thanks to the OP for giving the details: I had looked on their website but couldn't find anything at the time.

Maybe we should have MSE badges ... :rotfl:
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    It was a scrum, but DS1 and DS2 enjoyed skating, we got grandma on the ice but she wouldn't let go of the edge, and the rest of us enjoyed watching them! Their coffee was surprisingly drinkable as well, and the chips smelled heavenly! :rotfl:

Oh, better yet, FREE PARKING IN TRENCHARD STREET CAR PARK! Suspect that's true for Boxing Day as well, not that there's likely to be much open round there! :rotfl:
  • rosebyanyothername
    Options
    yes we went too and the kids had a ball no broken arms and legs it was the busiest yet apparently the other years we went and did not have to queue, for next year i will definitely get there early and get in queue to exchange skates for boots alot earlier, we queued at least half an hour!! really great exercise and made the kids save some presents for when we got back.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    yes we went too and the kids had a ball no broken arms and legs it was the busiest yet apparently the other years we went and did not have to queue, for next year i will definitely get there early and get in queue to exchange skates for boots alot earlier, we queued at least half an hour!! really great exercise and made the kids save some presents for when we got back.
    Heck, next year we might just have chips from the cafe instead of Turkey! :rotfl:
  • Tesla
    Tesla Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Is it still a bit of a dive or have they spruced it up?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure