cheap 'lite' luggage

Options
Basically wondered if anyone can recommend a good reliable brand of luggage, who do a chaep ' lite' range- 4 wheels too! i am going on hols in july & the travel agents have reduced thier allowance to 15 kg per adult. We never go over our limit but as this has usually been 20kg, we havent worried. Hence the lite part.

Comments

• traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, argos have sub zero cases on offer at the moment. May be worth a look!:)
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • Iwork2shop
    Iwork2shop Posts: 89 Forumite
    edited 30 May 2011 at 5:06PM
    Options
    I've just bought these suitcases http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2863616.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=tsid:11527|cc:|prd:2863616|cat:sports+and+leisure+%2F+luggage+%2F+suitcases+%2F and paid a bit more than this for my cases. So the offer at Argos at the moment is a bargain!

Not sure on the quality of the cases but
    1. I've seen other people use them,
    2. they do have a 10yr manufacturers guarantee and
    3. they are VERY light!
  • restless_me
    restless_me Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya

I bought 2 Sub Zero G cases from Matalan for our recent trip to Vegas as they were 2.5kg lighter than our regular cases. IMO they weren't worth the money.

Unfortunately they didn't hold up well and by the end of the trip the bottoms were all ripped and duck taped up! Even though each case had no more than 19 kg in it and we packed carefully the weight made the wheels splay out so that the bottom dragged along the ground.

Matalan were really good and refunded me but I wouldn't have risked another trip with the cases! Next time I'll go back to my old trick of putting everything heavy in my carry on rucksack, I've flown with many different airlines both long and short haul and no-one's ever weighed it!

Good luck finding a case and enjoy your hols!

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport