Bedsit insurance

Options
I need to arrange contents insurance for my possessions (not a lot) within the bedsit I will be renting.

All the usual insurers' websites seem to be geared up to flats/houses, but I'm only renting a small part of a house - a room with its own shower/toilet. The communal areas (e.g. kitchen) are the responsibility of the landlord. Please could someone point me in the right direction of companies to ask for quotes?

Thanks very much in advance.

Comments

• pinkstarsx
    pinkstarsx Posts: 340 Forumite
    Options
    You have to advise what type of property you live in - flat or house. There should be a question to ask if it is shared and if your bedroom has a lock on the door. If not call the contents insurance provider you've been looking at & talk it through with them.
    I rent a flat with my friend & my contents insurance is through Natwest - they asked me the above questions.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    http://www.harrison-beaumont.co.uk/home-young-proffessionals.php or try Endsleigh

Make sure you read and understand the cover as they have some restrictions on theft cover
  • persa
    persa Posts: 735 Forumite
    Options
    It's a house converted into bedsits, with locks on each tenant's private room. I won't have very many expensive gadgets with me, but if the place were to burn down (unlikely, but that's what insurance is for), I guess it would cost a fair bit to replace all my suits.

Thanks very much for both posts - dacouch, the link you posted looks exactly like what I'm after - I'll read through the small print before taking it further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure