Thomsons in store trick

Options
I went to my local thomsons to do the whole price match routine ie they say yes we'll price match internet price but it will be a £30 admin fee PP (which they dont do everytime this £30 thing is a bit hitty missy), I say oh well I wont bother then, she goes into the back for a min saying she is speaking to her manager & comes back saying its ok we'll not charge you.

So far so good, all going as planned, then she got me!

Off she goes into the back out of site & says she has checked the website & the price has now gone up by £1000, but she can do it for £862 (Web price was £808) - now normally I would have just said OK then but this time we have a tight budget, so Said I would think about it & left.

Went straight home & checked the internet the price had not gone up at all! The liar, if I had been expecting this then I would have pulled my phone out straight away & searched & shown her she was wrong (or telling porkys).

So anyone else who does this & likes to have internet prices with the back up of a shop take your internet phone with you just in case.

Comments

• stilltheone
    stilltheone Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't trust the likes of Thomsons and Thomas Cook with my money. Just my humble opinion.
  • matt1987
    matt1987 Posts: 897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why? I got a really good deal with Thomas Cook instore. I paid £605 for two people half board in the 4 star Club Julian hotel in Marmaris, Turkey, going from Birmingham Airport in June.

Searched now and its gone up.... some days its well over £1000 for the both of us, and thats on the Thomas Cook website!!!
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When you see the price online print it off and take it with you. As long as it shows the same date there are happy to use the info.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure