Holiday Extras - Best Price Guarantee

Options
Has anybody managed to get their money back using Holiday Extras best price guarantee?

I've paid for car parking with them today and found it cheaper on another site.

I used the live chat on the site to fill in the form and was told someone would contact me next week.

I've made a copy of the chat, and taken a screen pic of the cheaper priced site. I've also paid for the cancellation insurance thing in case they refuse to refund.

What are my chances? I've read the small print on each site, and checked it a million times to check I was right with the price difference. I've read a few stories of them trying to get out of it though.

Comments

• jyw029
    jyw029 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Have you had any luck with holiday extras ? I booked parking at EMA with them last night and found it cheaper at skyparksecure, therefore I have phoned them today and asked for their price guarantee. They have said that I will be contacted in 3-5 working days by their price comparison team. I have looked at the skyparksecure web site tonight and their price has now been increased to the same as holiday extras.
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That happened to me once. If you have a screen shot showing the lower price keep that up your sleeve for when they contact you.
  • jyw029
    jyw029 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I have been contacted by holiday extras who have accepted my price guarantee and have said they will refund the cost of my parking on my return
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Well, just had a claim for 2 rooms and parking at Hilton Gatwick agreed. Check prices against gatwickreservations.com and claim!
  • WishI'dReadSooner
    Options
    First of all I'd like to thank TBeckett100 for previous (strangely locked as gone threads) and the other threads where this has been mentioned by him/her. Had it not been for the original threads which I believe he started I wouldn't have known about these possible bargains.

FINALLY I'm in a position to take advantage. We're flying to the US from Heathrow in March for daughters wedding and will be gone around 24 days - still to be finalised but will be booking this weekend. I've searched everywhere for hotel with 24days parking but seems like it's only holiday extras that offer parking for this amount of time. Does anyone else know a site that offers this long parking?

I'm pretty sure this is do-able even though many places that holiday extra offer they tweak it slightly so that the parking is so very slightly different (off site but car returned to airport intead of hoppa to car park seems a favourite). Still can't find any 24 day parking ones though.

Anyone please know of any alternatives for full time or should I just go for 21 days and try to tie it down so exactly the same? There are a few sites that give you the cost of the extra days BUT even though these are less than Holiday Extras I wonder if they'd wriggle out of this because you pay the extra nights parking charge at the end. Anyone know?
  • WishI'dReadSooner
    Options
    Just had a telephone call to tell me my claim for 3 weeks parking and hotel was successful. Will be nice to receive a refund of all the money spent on my return. :)
  • KonkyWonky
    KonkyWonky Posts: 648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 January 2012 at 2:09PM
    Options
    I've just registered a cheaper alternative for airport parking with them and the rep was more than happy to forward it on to the price comparison team after checking for any obvious anomolies. She advised they will be in touch over the next day or two to confirm whether it has been accepted although she seemed very positive it would be.

UPDATE

Just recieved a phone call confirming the price guarantee is valid. I have to contact them on my return quoting the booking reference and the fee will be refunded in full, very pleased.
  • KonkyWonky
    KonkyWonky Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    Pleased to report that they honoured the price guarantee and the money is in my account :)

TopCashBack tracked as well and has moved to pending :rotfl:
  • vix2000
    vix2000 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    Hi glad to read this as I have just called them re a claim but they tried to give all sorts of reasons why my claim was not valid, one was because I booked through quidco so the original price would have been higher because of this!!! It has, however , been passed through but we will wait and see lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure