We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Barcelona Airport to Malgrat de Mar, Costa Brave

Hi

I have booked a holiday in the Sorra Dor Beach Club Hotel in Malgrat de Mar in July flying into Barcelona airport. I would like if possible to get a train from the airport to Malgrat de Mar but I am not sure if this is possible. Otherwise I will use airport tranfers but my preferred option is the train.

Can anyone provide any information?
Val :)

Comments

• muxloe
    muxloe Posts: 14 Forumite
    I have just returned from Malgrat. There is a train from Barcelona that goes along the coast stopping at Callela,Santa Susanna,Malgrat and Blanes. I take it you mean Barcelona airport and not Gerona which is also sometimes referred to as Barcelona airport. If its Girona then its bus or taxi only.
  • blue_haddock
    blue_haddock Posts: 12,110 Forumite
    If you get a bus from the airport to the train station then take the train up the coast to Malgrat.

Pretty straight forward.
  • spondon30
    spondon30 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Airport station to Barcelona Sants (line R2). Change to line R1 for Malgrat de Mar. Half hourly service takes about 2 hours. Timetables here
    http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/index.html
  • laidback
    laidback Posts: 43 Forumite
    HI,trains from Barcelona very cheap,about 7euros from memory.Beach club hotel is directly opposite train station so no need for taxi in malgrat.The hotel bar opens out on to a lovely square and is very busy with holidaymakers and locals at night.You are in the old part of Malgrat which is superb with some fantastic restaurants and "local" bars but only a 10min' walk to new part.You are also very close to the council bar,ask and you MAY find it,cheapest drinks in Spain!lol
  • Rockman
    Rockman Posts: 620 Forumite
    muxloe wrote: »
    I have just returned from Malgrat. There is a train from Barcelona that goes along the coast stopping at Callela,Santa Susanna,Malgrat and Blanes. I take it you mean Barcelona airport and not Gerona which is also sometimes referred to as Barcelona airport. If its Girona then its bus or taxi only.

Thanks for that-no it is Barcelona airport.
  • Rockman
    Rockman Posts: 620 Forumite
    laidback wrote: »
    HI,trains from Barcelona very cheap,about 7euros from memory.Beach club hotel is directly opposite train station so no need for taxi in malgrat.The hotel bar opens out on to a lovely square and is very busy with holidaymakers and locals at night.You are in the old part of Malgrat which is superb with some fantastic restaurants and "local" bars but only a 10min' walk to new part.You are also very close to the council bar,ask and you MAY find it,cheapest drinks in Spain!lol

Thanks for that. I will look out for Council bar. Any other tips?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.