Best frequent flier program

Options
I fly to india regularly. Is there any best frequent flier program where I could subscribe to get the best benefit out of it!

Comments

• Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sarah_id1 wrote: »
    I fly to india regularly. Is there any best frequent flier program where I could subscribe to get the best benefit out of it!

Depends on where you are flying to, which airlines serve those destinations and which class you will travel in.

BA has a good range of direct Indian destinations and their Executive Club is good once you reach Silver level (lounge access, preferential upgrades, priority checkin, priority seating etc), though you can also get miles on any other One World carrier when using them. Each OW scheme has it's own quirks.

The problem with the BA scheme is that it isn't based purely on miles travelled but on the type of ticket you have. If you fly on the cheapest tickets you would have do to 10 returns a year to make Silver but 4 in Premium Economy.

If you are just flying to one destination repeatedly then there may be a better option.

The flying geeks at Flyertalk http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ are the best people to ask - but just be prepared to get buried in travel acronyms.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    They can also be tough on people who haven't at least done some research before asking -some airline boards more or than others. I'd suggest you use the search facility first to look for someone else asking the same-oft asked question
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family