Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Where can I donate my soft toys to - Nottingham area

Options
BeckyM94
BeckyM94 Posts: 46 Forumite
Hiya, hope this is the correct board.

I have had a big sort out and have a lot of old soft toys which are barely used and have just been sitting in boxes for years. I don't want to sell them and the majority of charity shops around me won't take soft toys. Hospitals etc won't either due to infection control.

I would like to them to go to a good home so am looking for ideas. I live in the Nottingham area. If anyone knows anything going off locally where my toys could go to, please let me know :)

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our local freecycle sometimes has charities aking for donations of soft toys. You could offer. Or try a local school to see if they want to hold a Toy Tombola at their school fete.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Our most recent thread on this is here, although obviously it isn't are specific it may give some ideas. If you search this board for soft toys you may get other suggestions as well!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • XxXfashionqueenXxX
    Options
    Maybe a nursery?
    New year, new comper here!
    Wins for January- 2 free chapsticks, Celebrations.
  • mr_knight
    mr_knight Posts: 943 Forumite
    edited 2 June 2011 at 11:30AM
    Options
    Often animal sanctuaries will take them. Just an idea :)
  • missukluvsu
    missukluvsu Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    hi my childrens school are having a school fete on the 22nd of june they would love these every year they do really bad this year i am trying to help them even though getting loads of rejections

the school is

stanstead primary school
    Stanstead Avenue
    Nottingham NG5 5BL, United Kingdom
    0115 915 6300

p.s
    IF ANY ONE HAS ANYTHING THEY CAN DONATE NO MATTER HOW SMALL WOULD BE FANTASTIC X
  • Amy2510
    Amy2510 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Maybe you could contact a woman's refuge, I know the one in my area is always greatful for toy donations as the little ones often have to go there with very little.
  • Ianna
    Ianna Posts: 581 Forumite
    Options
    A women's refuge would love your soft toys - often children have to move in with almost nothing and really appreciate something nice to cuddle! You can find your local one here
  • concerned43
    concerned43 Posts: 1,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're local children's hospital ward?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts