Which is the best Multi-Vitamin?

Options
Hi All,

I'm just wondering what multi-vitamins people take and would recommend?

My diet isn't so great at the moment as suffering with quite bad depression/stress and so not eating properly, but then again, my diet isn't the best at the best of times. I don't eat a lot of meat, due to not liking it, not religous reasons etc. I'm not the best cook in the world, but also, I live on my own, so when I've cooked a big meal, I really don't want to eat it. I'm not a lover of chinese, indian, spicey foods, so I'm a bit limited in the food I eat, so would like to know what multi-vits people on here have tried and tested.

I know some folk say most multi-vits are bulked out with talc etc, but just want a good one to try boost me up.

Thanks

Comments

• happy35
    happy35 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i have found Berroca (sp) to be the best for me, have tried others but prefer this one

If your diet isnt the best have you tried to drink smoothies? Innocent smoothies are £2 at Morrisons at the moment and are enough to provide 2 of your 5 a day for 4 days so not that expensive if you are only buying for one.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There are lots of things you don't need to cook, if you had lots more fruit and veg, this time of year salads can be thrown together quickly with a bit of cheese or tin of salmon or tuna. Much better than popping pills.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • wuzzypoo
    wuzzypoo Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

it's not the cooking etc at the mo, it's not feeling hungry or not wanting to eat. I can go all day without feeling hungry then realise at 10pm that I haven't eaten all day, and I know this isn't doing me any good. I know the solution would be to force myself to eat but I can't, if I eat when I don't want to I'm sick. I can't really do smoothies, too thick for me. I don't mind juice, and do try to drink pure juice so getting something out of it, but it has to be stuff without bits in. This is why I thought a good multivit would be better for the time being while I get my act together just to make sure I'm getting some of the things I need.

Thanks
  • marlin_kohli
    Options
    The best one diet is the veggies and natural one foods which gives your body the best ration of the proteins and nutrition's.... The fruits will also help you much in this era.....
  • Skymist
    Skymist Posts: 406 Forumite
    edited 31 May 2011 at 12:36PM
    Options
    I use Multibionta 50+, part of their range:-

http://www.seven-seas.com/multibionta

I've been taking many vitamin supplements for years, including a daily multivitamin, and I found, for me, this is the best one because of the probiotic it contains. I based that on my experience when having to take a course of antibiotics, which ALWAYS gave me thrush. The Multibionta prevented that happening! It seems that the probiotic replaced the good bacteria that was destroyed by the antibiotics, which kill ALL bacteria in the body during their fight with infection, and so leaves the thrush free to grow! HTH

S
  • miss_independent
    Options
    I personally think Solgar are the highest quality and I'm a bit of an alternative health expert. I don't use them because I am on a budget due to studying in London but as soon as I am on a decent wage I will use them. I currently use Holland and Barrett Radiance Plus Multivitamins and when I switched to Boots I really noticed a difference so much so that I went back to the H&B ones, they cost me £10.78 for an 8 month supply - I also use Berrocca when I feel rundown or during flu season.
  • moneylover
    moneylover Posts: 1,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you spoken to your GP? He could give you a dietitian referral - you would get it very quickly - a dietitian can give you tips that will help you with eating pattern etc - they see your kind of problem all the time.
  • Crocswearer
    Crocswearer Posts: 211 Forumite
    Options
    About 3 years ago I found a website that compared all the best known brands with supermarket multivitamins, in a handy table. This convinced me to change from Multibionta to Sainsburys Multivitamins & Minerals.

I was hoping to find the website and post a link, but can I find it? :o
    I thought I'd bookmarked it, or printed it off, and I googled too, but I just can't find it.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please shout!
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm a multibionta eater, i think they are the best after trying loads and i love the probiotics in them as to buy these seperate costs a lot if you buy decent ones.

I get mine off ebay really cheap.:T
  • pollyskettle
    pollyskettle Posts: 2,163 Forumite
    Options
    I use multibionta too, or the boots ones which have probiotics :)
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure