🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

O Spa Dilemma

Options
Hi, I am wondering if anyone might be able to advise me of my rights and/or what I can do. Please see situation outlined below.

I purchased two O Spa treatments in January 2011 from lastminute.com as a birthday gift for my Mum. It took me three months of trying to actually book an appointment as they did not answer the phone, return emails or reply to messages left. In frustration, I asked for a refund which was refused. In the end I had to resort to Lastminute.com's customer service who contacted them on my behalf and were very good. I finally made the appointments for 26th May (my birthday). These were confirmed.

On 25th May at 5pm OSpa sent me an email to say that the appoinments had now been cancelled. This was less that 24hr's notice. By this time I had arranged for my husband to take the afternoon off work to pick up my eldest son. A childminder to collect my youngest son from nursery and paid for my Mum's train fare from Devon to London. Not to mention the fact that it was my birthday that day, so they completely ruined that as well. I have been told they will still not refund and that another voucher will be sent at some time in the future.

When I emailed them to outline the situation the reply stated that they were busy and would not be able to deal with my email for at least 14 days. Lastminute.com said that they also would not be able to get me a refund, let alone any compensation. What can I do? What are my rights?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this, please help if you can.

Comments

• sabz3008
    sabz3008 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    As you purchased through lastminute.com , your contract is with them...You will need to contact them again and politely remind this to them and ask that they issue you a full refund. In terms of compensation, you could ask for lastminute to reimburse you for your travel. My suggestion is to write them an e-mail outlining that you're not happy, and that you feel that they should compensate you. If you are not happy with their response in the end, then did you buy this on credit card? You may want to contact your credit card supplier (though, they will not be able to do anything about your train fare)...Or in the end - small claims
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport