Taking rolled cigarettes abroad?

Options
Hi all

Slightly odd question but...

My partner smokes golden virginia tobacco, but she rolls it with a rolling machine in advance. So she will sit in an evening and roll maybe 30 for the next few days.

What we want to know is, can she take her rolled cigarettes to spain. She would pack them in her suitcase and check them in. Customs don't seem to know! Any ideas?

Thanks

claire

Comments

• pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not a problem, no different from taking a packet of cigs and no need to hide them in her case. It would be better just to take her rolling machine as GV is around half the U.K. price, in Spain. Currently €6.75 for 50g.
  • Lincoln_Imp
    Lincoln_Imp Posts: 2,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You will probably get quizzed as to why you are taking baccy to spain ..its normally the other way round :D

No problem at all with taking some with you
    Have a nice day :)
  • monkeysallsayboo
    Options
    Thank you both very much! We plan on getting some out there, but if she makes up enough to last the week, she doesnt have to sit there rolling them!
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I always take some with me ready rolled just to see me over the first day or two so I don't have to search for a baccy shop straight away.
    I've never had any problems with this so let her go ahead. I would say don't role up for several days though as the ciggies will dry out. She can take some baccy with her and roll a few as she does now.
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure