Payment problems with RapidSwitch

Options
Hello all

I have been using servers from RapidSwitch for years now.
I have to pay the invoice every money at the end of the month.
The problem is, they have stored my card details (even though I haven chose that) and take payments before end of the month.
Yesterday I opened a support ticket and asked them not to take the payment in day time and I ill pay with a different card at night. They responded that they can not change the system and I need to pay as soon as I can. Couple of hours later the payment was taken and my account was overdrown.

I read the terms and conditions, the only part related is:
"The price and all other amounts due under the Schedule shall be paid by the Client by the due date as specified in RapidSwitch's invoice."

The due date on the invoice is 31st of each month. However they took the payment on 26th. They refuse to refund so I can pay by a different card.
What are my rights here? They are extremely unhelpful and rude and want to know what can I do (apart from cancelling the server of course)

Thanks

Comments

• acece
    acece Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    any one?
  • PZH
    PZH Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    acece wrote: »
    I read the terms and conditions, the only part related is:
    "The price and all other amounts due under the Schedule shall be paid by the Client by the due date as specified in RapidSwitch's invoice."

The due date on the invoice is 31st of each month. However they took the payment on 26th. They refuse to refund so I can pay by a different card.

But, you have paid "by" the due date taking into account money movement from one account to another (even though these days it should be fairly instant).

I think you are expecting them to take payment "on" the due date ?

For example, if I paid my Credit Card bill on the "Due" date, then I would incur charges because payment would simply not clear in time.
    “That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure