🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Brought item is Grey Import

Options
OK I brought a hard drive from a computer company around 6 months ago. Last night windows reported that it was about to fail so I need to contact the manufacture. I went onto Samsungs website which has a 3 year warranty but found when I put the serial number it they are unable to RMA it as it was a grey import. I wish to return the drive to the reseller but I do not have a receipt any more.

Will the company take the drive without a receipt and if not can i do anything about it?

Thanks

Comments

• shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Legally you don't need a receipt but you do need some proof of purchase.
    A credit card statement or similar should be okay, although the company concerned may well state that they do require the original receipt.

All you can do at the moment is to contact the seller and explain the problem and see how they reply.
  • PZH
    PZH Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You might want to think about any data that is on the hard drive as well before you send it anywhere.

Both from a back-up point of view and also confidential data (passwords, bank acounts, addresses, etc, etc)
    “That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport