We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
ESA assessment - HELP!
marie2109
Posts: 25 Forumite
I have been on ESA since 1 April due to what was first diagnosed as carpal tunnel, then a broken wrist and now rheumatoid arthritus wuth cysts around my wrist joint meaning I am in constant pain and am unable to bend my right wrist at all. I have always worked in administration until I was made redundant on 31st March, the very same week that my hand problems began! Hows that for bad luck!
Anyway, I have just taken a call from ATOS who have arranged an assessment for 13 June, the day before my first appointment with a rheumatologist to discuss treatment/management. I have very limited use of my hand i.e. can't grip or lift anything and working with a keyboard is out of the question currently.
I am not sure what to expect from the assessment as I will not have been assessed by the rheumatologist at that time. I was told it is a half hour assessment.
Has anybody had an assessment of a similar nature?
Anyway, I have just taken a call from ATOS who have arranged an assessment for 13 June, the day before my first appointment with a rheumatologist to discuss treatment/management. I have very limited use of my hand i.e. can't grip or lift anything and working with a keyboard is out of the question currently.
I am not sure what to expect from the assessment as I will not have been assessed by the rheumatologist at that time. I was told it is a half hour assessment.
Has anybody had an assessment of a similar nature?
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards