🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Specsavers - How long should it take?

Options
Hi all,

After a bit of general advice before I go launching into my moaning mini mode at Specsavers.
This is on behalf of my mum, who has now been waiting ONE MONTH for her frames, which she paid up front for, in full.

It all started the week that we had all the bank hoildays in April, we were warned there would be a slight delay due to this, which we accepted, but really werent prepared for the runaround we've been having since.
Mum booked a 'fitting' appointment when the 'glasses' should have arrived, and we turned up to be told 'they are here'....we had the manager explain to us at the time that they were struggling with 'quality control' on her frames (she asked for a tint to go on the lense as well), we said ok please can you try again, we were assured that there shouldnt be long to wait and that my poor mum was a prioty to be fixed....

Throughout the fortnight since we've been given one excuse after another, new lab being used, lenses still failing quality control etc etc, my mum has tried to help with the 'quality control' problem by cancelling the tint for the lense, we were told that this should improve her getting her glasses quickly and should have them within 48 hours.
This was last week, and since then we've had no 'daily update' (we were getting them!) on the status of the glasses, no updates as to what the problem is now, we've offered to collect them from a different store as my mum is now getting desprete for the glasses (she is struggling to read, drive etc with the old ones!)...

My question is I guess, do we have a right to moan at them, they seemed helpful in the beginning but their customer service really has gone by the by in the last week, she even tried to phone yesterday for an update to be told 'we are having problems with our phoneline, so we wont be calling you back for atleast 48 hours!'......what on earth is that all about?!

Also how long should I pair of specs take to make, ive used Specsavers before and its been about 10 days....so surely 30 odd is VERY slow?

Comments

• bitemebankers
    bitemebankers Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately you don't give much information about the type of lenses she's had, so this makes it hard to comment on whether the delay is unreasonable or not.

For example, for stock lenses into a full-rim frame, 30 days is an outrageous length of time to wait. On the other hand, for varifocals on a special lens material with a tint, it's certainly within the bounds of normality, especially given all the bank holidays we've had lately.

If you could be more specific about what she's ordered, that would be helpful.
    "There may be a legal obligation to obey, but there will be no moral obligation to obey. When it comes to history, it will be the people who broke the law for freedom that will be remembered and honoured." --Rt. Hon. Tony Benn
  • Britneys_Firefly
    Options
    Unfortunately you don't give much information about the type of lenses she's had, so this makes it hard to comment on whether the delay is unreasonable or not.

For example, for stock lenses into a full-rim frame, 30 days is an outrageous length of time to wait. On the other hand, for varifocals on a special lens material with a tint, it's certainly within the bounds of normality, especially given all the bank holidays we've had lately.

If you could be more specific about what she's ordered, that would be helpful.

There were orginally for stock lenses with tint, she then changed to stock lenses without tint.

Although she is now in recepit of her glasses they are still incorrect and we are still awaiting the correct ones.

Her vison glasses have a chip in the glasses frame, as well as i slight scratch on the lense and minus the tint.
  • bitemebankers
    bitemebankers Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    Options
    There were orginally for stock lenses with tint, she then changed to stock lenses without tint.

Although she is now in recepit of her glasses they are still incorrect and we are still awaiting the correct ones.

Her vison glasses have a chip in the glasses frame, as well as i slight scratch on the lense and minus the tint.

Sounds pretty hopeless to me, then. If it were me, I'd probably be enquiring about a refund.
    "There may be a legal obligation to obey, but there will be no moral obligation to obey. When it comes to history, it will be the people who broke the law for freedom that will be remembered and honoured." --Rt. Hon. Tony Benn
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport