We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Concerned about Holiday Booking for Infant

Hi looking for some advice I may be worrying unduly, but here the story (sorry it’s a bit long) :

In March 2011 I made a booking with a holiday company which I shall call LCH for now
The booking was for two families to Lanzarote
The 1st family consist of 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant, the 2nd family is two adults and 2 children
I tried to book on line however the hotel we decided upon had availability for 4 adults and 4 children but no infants.
So I spoke with LCH who advised that they would contact the hotel and confirm that the infant would be OK, they duly did this confirmed and we thus made the booking
The booking was for the hotel and a separate booking for flights which were with Ryanair but booked by LCH
I paid the full price of flights and a deposit for the hotel in March
When I received the paperwork from LCH the Ryanair details included all 9 passengers (including the infant)
However the hotel details and transfer details only included 8 passengers (the infant was missing)
I contact LCH who informed me that the infant was included just had not been included in the paperwork, they sent me an email to confirm
As I was about to pay the full amount for the holiday in May I again contacted LCH to confirm that the infant was included and that she would be included on the hotel and transfer voucher, I was assured she was and I duly made the full payment
I then received the hotel voucher and transfer.
The infant was not included within the room details for family 1 however there was a comment on the bottom of the voucher that said an infant would be travelling so please supply a cot
The transfer voucher did not include an infant
I subsequently emailed LCH who again confirmed that everything was fine.
However I am even more concerned now as they have asked me to complete the API (Advanced passenger information) on there website which does not include the infant.
I believe this information gets passed onto Ryanair and that there will be problems travelling without this information
I have contacted them again via email and received the response that :
  • No revised voucher will be issued which reflects the infant. As infant is added from our end to hotel directly
  • However passport details need to be updated on the Ryanair website, however infant is added to hotel and to flights directly
I am not sure what this means.
But when looking at Ryanair website I cant see anything that allows me to add API information up front.
I assume when I complete the check-in with Ryanair I will be able to add in the passenger information required, however I cant confirm at this point whether the infant will be included and wont be able to do so until I can access the advanced check in (I thinks its 15 days before)
If all the API information goes onto the Ryanair website then why are LCH asking me to fill in API on there website ?

I hope all this makes sense, just really worried a) we wont be able to board the flight as we wont have completed all API, and b) if we do get to Lanzarote, that the infant will not be accepted onto the transfer and into the hotel. I keep getting told verbally that everything will be OK but I may be being paranoid but I want everything in writing

How do you feel I should proceed or am I worrying unjustly ?

Comments

  • HAYLEY8005
    HAYLEY8005 Posts: 99 Forumite
    not to have an infant on the transfer voucher is normal as they sit on a lap if its a coach, im not sure on the hotel one though but never booked im presuming with low cost holidays , on all invoices i have infants are on there for the cot space. with regards to the flight you mention you have confirmation the infant is added but again because of being a lap passenger they probably will not be required to enter api information to put my mind at rest i would call ryan air and ask if api is needed for an infant.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.