We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Silver Point Travel company

Hi Everyone,

Whilst on holiday recently we attended an event at a travel company called Silver point. Basically you pay a set amount up front and this gives you so many weeks to stay in a choice of hotels world wide. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with them to help us decide if it's a scam or not!

Many Thanks

Claire :-)

Comments

  • headpin
    headpin Posts: 780
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Forumite
    Hi Everyone,

    Whilst on holiday recently we attended an event at a travel company called Silver point. Basically you pay a set amount up front and this gives you so many weeks to stay in a choice of hotels world wide. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with them to help us decide if it's a scam or not!

    Many Thanks

    Claire :-)

    It's time share Jim, but not as we know it!!!
  • Don't ever pay for promises of something in the future. Never, ever...these companies come and go, generally based in Gibralter or somewhere else with an ineffective legal system for redress. Take whatever free gift they offer and run as fast as you can. It is never what it is claimed to be. A quick search shows this is timeshare based in Tenerife with offices in Malta and Gran Canaria
  • Thank you Alan,

    Decided to keep our hard earned cash! :-)
  • Last February, while waiting for our plane to depart, my husband and I were stopped by a lady in Tenerife airport, asking if we would like to be entered into a free draw to win a weeks holiday in Tenerife, we said yes. She took our address and phone number and we thought no more about it.
    Several months later, we received a phone call from Silverpoint Vacations telling us we had won a free weeks holiday in Tenerife. I asked if the holiday was anything to do with time share, and was told that yes, it was. I asked if there would be anything to pay for this "Free" holiday, and was told, yes, there would be an administration fee.
    At that point, I told the caller I was not interested in time share and asked them not to call again.
    This month, I have been called every day from an "international" number, which I have not answered, but eventually this evening I answered the call, and guess what, it was from Silverpoint Vacations. I told them I was not interested and not to call again. Then the lady caller actually said I had ASKED to be called, and that I had visited their office in Tenerife and ASKED to be on their list!! What a load of rubbish! We had been told a pack of lies by someone approaching US at the airport. The caller would not listen to me and kept talking over me, so unfortunately I lost my temper with her.
    If you are not interested in time share, and are approached by someone in Tenerife asking if you would like to be in a free draw for a holiday, BEWARE - it is just time share once again.
  • Lindalou
    Lindalou Posts: 25
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I cannot believe it but this company Silverpoint is STILL calling me despite me being extremely rude. What part of "NO" don't they understand?? Because the calls come up on my caller display as "international" I cannot stop them. Everyone out there, don't touch them with a bargepole!!
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    don't touch them with a barge pole :rotfl:

    So basically don't give your phone number out, to a stranger.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    Lindalou wrote: »
    I cannot believe it but this company Silverpoint is STILL calling me despite me being extremely rude. What part of "NO" don't they understand?? Because the calls come up on my caller display as "international" I cannot stop them. Everyone out there, don't touch them with a bargepole!!

    Try being more rude **** off as a starting point and then get ruder,
    works for me!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.