Is there a DECT Answering Machine

maveli
maveli Posts: 590 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 25 May 2011 at 1:14PM in Phones & TV
I got DECT cordless phone which I want to keep. this set allows me to add extra handsets to it. I am wondering whether I can add an Answering machine using DECT. Don't want to use a splitter.

Thanks
S

Comments

• hpuse
    hpuse Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    maveli wrote: »
    I got DECT cordless phone which I want to keep. this set allows me to add extra handsets to it. I am wondering whether I can add an Answering machine using DECT. Don't want to use a splitter.

Thanks
    S

If your current DECT doesn't have Ans/machine function in the base unit, then without using a splitter it is not possible.
    Other option is of course to upgrade the phone :rotfl:
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Any new DECT answerphone's base station should be able to add your existing handset(s) to work with it to make and receive calls ... it's one of the DECT main features!

The old base will - when disconnected from the 'phone line - still act as a charger for the original handsets.
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Rodders53 wrote: »
    Any new DECT answerphone's base station should be able to add your existing handset(s) to work with it to make and receive calls ... it's one of the DECT main features!
    Note that not all DECT features will be guaranteed to work if a DECT handset is registered to a different model base. The only features guaranteed to work (I believe) are the ability to pick up and answer an incoming call, and to make an outgoing call. Caller ID, ringing on incoming call, and other features may not work -although they are more likely to work across identical brands on recent models. The only way to find out for certain is to try.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure