We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Have I been an absolute idiot?
samutiana
Posts: 229 Forumite
Hi all...
A few weeks ago I booked a private villa in Lanzarote for 2 along with return flights. I also purchased travel insurance from Flexicover (good price, and recommended by MSE).
Now with the volcanic ash situation, I feel like I've been an absolute idiot.
I've just found out that Flexicover didn't cover for the ash last year, even though their most recent policy doesn't specifically exclude it.
I purchased the Monarch flights on my Visa - but via Paypal, so I wouldn't pay a booking fee.
The villa was paid for by cheque...
If my flight is cancelled, are we absolutely screwed? I really can't lose this much money
A few weeks ago I booked a private villa in Lanzarote for 2 along with return flights. I also purchased travel insurance from Flexicover (good price, and recommended by MSE).
Now with the volcanic ash situation, I feel like I've been an absolute idiot.
I've just found out that Flexicover didn't cover for the ash last year, even though their most recent policy doesn't specifically exclude it.
I purchased the Monarch flights on my Visa - but via Paypal, so I wouldn't pay a booking fee.
The villa was paid for by cheque...
If my flight is cancelled, are we absolutely screwed? I really can't lose this much money
0
Comments
-
:beer:Chill ...the volcano is easing off"Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."
''Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.''0 -
Lol, I am hoping so, but honestly I'm not sure if it's only easing off because I REALLY REALLY want to believe it is
0 -
when do you go ? and where from ?
the Volcano has caused problems in Scotland and far north only so far and is expected to ease up soon .
we have a villa , separate flights for 6 ( Monarch also paypal ) , and 2 cars booked for August .
i have not even purchased travel insurance yet , and i'm not in a panic.
true worst comes to worst i will get my car and drive to Benidorm but all i'm saying is no point worrying about what might happen that you cannot change . if you are worrying about the Volcano , you might as well about Terrorism ect . whatever will be ,will be . but the odds are in your favour
Chill out, i'm sure it will be fine. so far no Monarch flights affected
http://www.monarch.co.uk/news/flights/2011-news/volcanic-ash-updateBetter in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:0 -
Thanks trets77, it's the 2nd June from Luton so pretty soon but not immediate
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards