Bye Bye eon, hello SG

Options
robert2012
robert2012 Posts: 37 Forumite
Just had a letter from eon about my fix8 ending in July.

what I paid for the last year (£945) will now cost me £1190, an increase of £245.:eek:
But I will get Tesco points again.:j

What is that as a %?

Lowest I can get is websaver 12 from SG at £1098 per year.

Cheapest fix/capped I can get is £1200 from EDF, so do I take a gamble that SG won't increase their prices by £102 by next September?

So SG it is.

Comments

• Ferr96
    Ferr96 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    In all honesty take the capped tariff. Prices are going to go up...estimated roughly at about 25% by the end of the year. Centrica the company who own BG have anounced that a price increase is likely, and the banks estimate a rise of about 10 and 15 % on gas an electric. Take the fixed or capped.
  • robert2012
    robert2012 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Or I could fix with eon until July 2013 for £1325.
  • Ferr96
    Ferr96 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Seems a bit steep in price that 1, but it does run for a year longer. check all the companys, try get 1 for a couple of years m8. But in my opinion, id go for the edf fixed at the moment. Check Npower and SP as the both have some decent capped / fixed deals.
  • grizzly1911
    grizzly1911 Posts: 9,965 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all if you back track on the threads here you will see loads on the FixOnline8 saga.

I am also in the same boat. Don't forget that Fix 08 was a very cheap plan, with a big discount so all the news look like massive increases.

That is the one downside of fixed tariffs. As prices are only being talked upwards these days wehn you next come to renew you will have another big jump to make. The fix is good for budgeting but you are only delaying the enevitable:eek:

If you invoke the switch now you may be penalised on your last bill as EON will charge the exit fee and remove all discounts if the switch happens pre 1/7. This would be from your last bill.

I know it should take 6 weeks but just be careful.

You can submit readings online and request a bill online to help mitigate. Once EON become aware you are switching you have to submit readings/request a bill by phone.
    "If you act like an illiterate man, your learning will never stop... Being uneducated, you have no fear of the future.".....

"big business is parasitic, like a mosquito, whereas I prefer the lighter touch, like that of a butterfly. "A butterfly can suck honey from the flower without damaging it," "Arunachalam Muruganantham
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure