Confused, help please.

Options
Hi everyone. Just looking for a bit of advice please.
I switched to E.ON (SaveOnline 5) for electricity & gas in February.
Since then myself and my husband have seperated. To give you a bit of background he works in the Middle East and has done for over a year now. We seperated two months ago after I discovered he's been playing away :mad:
Anyway, to cut a long story short I've now found my own property for myself and our children to move into and I get the keys mid June.
The marital home we are staying in currently will remain my ex husbands although will be left lying empty until he returns from abroad (not in the near future).
The property is in my ex husbands name but the account with E.ON is set up in my name solely. How do I go about removing my name and changing it so it's in my ex husbands name. Do I need to cancel with E.ON or can they just transfer the name and payment to his details?

Thanks in advance everyone!
:heart2: The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other :heart2:

Comments

• moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The safest way would be to tell Eon that you are moving out on ...... Then you are sure that you will not have to pay for any longer than that date.
    READ THE METERS when you leave !
    Tell your husband what you have done and he can arrange to take on a new account from that date.

The energy suppliers are so chaotic I can see lots of trouble ahead if you try and do a "simple" transfer to him !!
  • advantix
    advantix Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    EON will not simply change the name on the account as that could break Data Protection laws. They will close the account down on the day you cease to be responsible for the supplies at the property. Take a reading on that day and call EON. Tell them you have left the property and your ex husband / partner is now responsible. They will then send you a final statement up to the reads you give and bill the person who is responsible from that day / reading.
  • CinderellaDreams
    Options
    Thanks for all your help :)
    :heart2: The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other :heart2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure