We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

dodgy message on my gardening forum

macma
macma Posts: 911
Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
Forumite
I've been on a gardening forum for a long time ,I stay signed in - probably (in hindsight ) a mistake.Tonight I get a strange message saying I may have a virus ,written in both English and spanish,they suggest clicking a link which I obviously haven't done but what do I do next ? I can't get on the forum ,will it go away ?

Comments

  • macma
    macma Posts: 911
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    bona fide forum it displays a bit like a poster split vertically ,one half english the other I think spanish .It quotes Honeypot but asks me to click a simple sum to gain temp entry to the site .I've spoken to a fellow forum member via f/book who hasn't got a problem .But I think it's dodgy
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    thanks russ cant do that tonight but will follow up tomorrow.thanks for your help:)
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    RussJK wrote: »
    been followed by garden gnome clones...
    :rotfl:
    Just checked and it's fine this morning but will follow some of your suggestions .Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.