dubai in june

Options
Hi all, was thinking of going Dubai in june with friends, does anyone have any info on special offers etc, all help appreciated!!

Comments

• s30jok
    s30jok Posts: 329 Forumite
    Options
    Hello
    I went out in July with the misuss I go there often with my work(Royal Navy) don't know about special offers but some handy tips maybe:

Get some American dollars in cash

A must visit is the Gold Souk just ask any taxi driver (all taxi's are cheap ask for meter rate though) The gold souk only deal in 18 and 24 carat gold you only pay for the weight of the gold against that days gold price it is a lot cheaper than the uk and its better quality

Deira Shopping centre has debenhams and next etc and everything is about 1/2 what it is in uk!

When you get to your hotel ask the front desk to get someone to show you around the place there is a lot to see we paid $50 for 2 hours and saw the whole of dubai and it was brilliant.

If you goto the Burj Al Burj hotel (the big one shaped like a sail) it will cost you $25 to get in and have a tour its not worth it you only see most of the foyer and a room.

Avoid getting a hotel at Jumerah beach resort as the place is a building site at the moment very noisy alright you are on the beach but its noisy!

Definetly book a 4x4 desert adventure we had 3 hours in the off roader jeep (like being on a rollercoaster for 3 hours) and a meal at a 'genuine' bedouin campsite which was very good.

Digital cameras etc are cheap in the airport duty free it has one of the biggest in the world you can even buy a ferrari in there if you want to!

Alcohol is expensive in the hotels but it is nice to have a cold pint now and again
    Wins so Far: 21" lcd monitor, 6 day all expenses paid holiday to China, 8800GTX gfx card, 2x Panasonic cameras, 12 cups and Loads of Twix's, Coffee Lovers Hamper - Wild bean cafe. TomTom (upto value of £200) Aviva Car Insurance
  • almahadeus
    Options
    Dubai in June will be very hot and not peak season (peak season in dubai is around december-january because of the milder weather) so you should be able to get a good deal...I think I remember seeing a special offer from ba.com relating to holidays (flight + hotel) inc. dubai but don't remember the exact details. Lastminute and expedia usually have some good deals for dubai in the summer too- you can even get good deals to Burj Al Arab (7* hotel shaped like a sail) but usually only for 4/5 nights max.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure