MSE News: Now Scottish & Southern Energy hints at price rises

Options
Former_MSE_Guy
Former_MSE_Guy Posts: 1,650 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Households were dealt a further blow today after a second major energy firm hinted at more price rises later this year ..."

Comments

• crunchynuts
    crunchynuts Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 20 May 2011 at 4:26PM
    Options
    Big rises inevitable IMO, especially with my supplier Atlantic, part of SSE which has also just had a big fine for naughty "doorstep" selling tactics.

Have just switched to EDF Fixed Price (to March) 2014
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 May 2011 at 4:31PM
    Options
    Plus with their mis-selling being called out by a judge they have to make up for that future lost revenue.

(Doh! Sorry, that is what Crunchynuts just posted. Not paying attention.)
  • crunchynuts
    Options
    KimYeovil wrote: »
    Plus with their mis-selling being called out by a judge they have to make up for that future lost revenue.

(Doh! Sorry, that is what Crunchynuts just posted. Not paying attention.)

Nope, you're not guilty m'lady, my "naughty doorstep" was an after-thought edit and I had not refreshed to see yours ;)
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,074 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hmm - there does seem to be a lot of scaremongering at the moment pushing customers towards fixed rate tariffs that are currently a lot more expensive compared to variable tariffs than they were a year ago (when I fixed). Either variable tariffs are currently too cheap or there is a concerted media campaign to get people to lock in an prices that are very profitable for the suppliers?
    I think....
  • crunchynuts
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Hmm - there does seem to be a lot of scaremongering at the moment pushing customers towards fixed rate tariffs that are currently a lot more expensive compared to variable tariffs than they were a year ago (when I fixed). Either variable tariffs are currently too cheap or there is a concerted media campaign to get people to lock in an prices that are very profitable for the suppliers?
    EDF's Fixed 2014 was about the same as my Atlantic variable, but I take your more general point and this probably says more about Atlantic's high prices....(part of SSE).
  • flight747
    flight747 Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options

Have just switched to EDF Fixed Price (to March) 2014

You paying lots more under fixed price even if you don't use gas or electricity alots!

Really pointless and waste of time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport