Any hair dressers out there?

Options
Help!

I have naturally dark blonde hair, which is very straight and fine, and I have been home dying it a lighter blonde for as long as I can remember. Anyway, in a moment of madness a few weeks ago I put a permanent red dye on it :doh:

It now looks a right mess!

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to do? I cant afford to go to the hairdresser to get it sorted :( Ideally Id like it light blonde again....... but I'm a bit worried about what the end result would be like if I put bleach on it ! :rotfl:

Please help!

Ta muchly! :)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07

Comments

• alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    Although I am not an hairdresser, I do know red is an hard colour to cover. I would recommed going to an hairdressers and getting them to sort you out. Costly, yes but worth it to avoid hassle
  • Penny_Watcher
    Options
    DON'T try to bleach it out yourself - you'd be in danger of dissolving your hair :eek: .

Watched something on TV the other night where the did a strand test on a lady with over processed hair. They dipped the strand in ammonia and then pulled either end. The hair just fell apart.

They put a non-ammonia rinse through her hair in the end, and it looked lovely.

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
  • oldandhappy
    Options
    I'll have a word with my daughter later and see what she says. She left hairdressing a few years back but was always good at tint/dyeing technics so might well have some info for you Tankgirl1.......
  • tankgirl1
    tankgirl1 Posts: 4,252 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the replys everyone :T
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

• sheryldoc
    sheryldoc Posts: 576 Forumite
    Options
    DON'T try to bleach it out yourself - you'd be in danger of dissolving your hair :eek: .

Watched something on TV the other night where the did a strand test on a lady with over processed hair. They dipped the strand in ammonia and then pulled either end. The hair just fell apart.

They put a non-ammonia rinse through her hair in the end, and it looked lovely.

Was that on 10 yrs younger?
  • Mrs_pbradley936
    Options
    You will probably have to let it grow out.
  • ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    DD is dark blonde and has always found any darker colour fades very quickly, but I think you may have made the colour more "permanent" by applying it to previously bleached hair. You definitely need professional advice, even if the problem can be rectified with a DIY home colourant!
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • tankgirl1
    tankgirl1 Posts: 4,252 Forumite
    Options
    just bumping the thread in case anyone who can help hasnt seen it :o

sorry ............. :o

• larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There are products which can remove colour from hair. You can buy them from Sally's Hairdressing supplies. I do not know how successful they are though.

Red is normally a colour which sits on top of the hair and is the one that washes and fades most quickly, however if your hair is already processed it may have penetrated the hair shaft.

Trouble is if you start trying to cover a mistake, you can end up with greenish hair - I know that from a mistake when I was younger. I would also go to see a hairdresser or maybe a friend could recommend a mobile one who could give you advice and may be a little cheaper than a salon???? Good luck. :)
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• muz
    muz Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    I'll come and cut it for you if you like !!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing