not deliverd on time. paid for next day del, what are my rights?

Options
Hi i bought some parts from online automotive on the 27th of april i asked if i could have next day delivery as needed them for sat, the lady said yes and that they would be here for the 28th for a charge of £15.
28th came and went and they turned up on the 4th of may, i declind delivery and they had them back by the 6th.
now, ive had my refund for the parts but they have withheld the cost of delivery!!
As i paid for next day delivery because i wanted them next day and not several days later where do i stand with getting this charge back?

Comments

• shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    By what method was it sent?

Don't forget, the royal wedding was on the 29th, then it was the weekend, then it was May Day so another bank holiday so I'm not suprised they turned up late.

Also, did they specifically say they would dispatch that same day??
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    they should refund the premium delivery charge to you - they will get it back from the carrier so there's no real reason for witholding - they didnt deliver the promised service.
  • blueye
    blueye Posts: 320 Forumite
    Options
    thats why i asked if they could deliver it next day, i called on the wednesday at 12.30pm and the sales woman said yes they will be delivered on thursday the 28th otherwise i wouldnt have bothered as needed them for the following saturday
  • blueye
    Options
    it was with fedex by the way
    and not sure but i think i remember fedex got the dispatch order at 16:30 on the 27th
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    your contract is with the seller, not the carrier - so go back to the seller to ask for the costs back - as for the time the carrier got it, it may not have been given to them in time by the supplier to be done on a saturday - but eitherway, go back to the seller, they are your contact and contract.
  • blueye
    Options
    Ive called online auto's customer service number but get no answer, i call the order line they say they cant help but will get someone to ring me back, never happens, ive emailed them several times now but they are just ignoring me. what can i do?
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    blueye wrote: »
    what can i do?

Take them to small claims court (or at least write them a letter giving them 14 days to sort or you will start legal action)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure