13»

Comments

• pinkcandyflossprincess
    Options
    pick up a boots meal deal after you have gone through security x
    ***MSE...My.Special.Escape***
  • simongregson
    Options
    On our flight there were meals included, but the menus for the holidays without were on the plane. There are basically microwave meals for £6, and some sweets/crisps etc.

All soft drinks were pay for as well as alcohol. Basically except for people with an included meal it is the same as a budget airline. Apart from you get a seat allocated, although I noticed that people are so used to Ryanair/Easyjet etc. that they all queue up by the gate about half an hour before the flight boarded, while I sat down and had a drink and waited until everyone else got on!

Much better to buy before getting on board at Boots, 3.79 got a meal deal at Gatwick.
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    pick up a boots meal deal after you have gone through security x

Problem is when ever I look through their sandwich range they have nothing I like and anything I may like is spoiled by the insistance of the sandwich makers to cover everything in mayonaise which I can't stand, why can't these people just supply a sachet of mayo then you have the choice :mad: give the airline food any day.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • jamsandwiches
    Options
    Take an empty plastic bottle with you and re-fill it when you have got through security - lots of Airports now have drinking water fountains.
  • danielley
    danielley Posts: 744 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it long haul as well?

I am thinking of booking a First Choice Holiday and it is with Thomson Airways, (It is long haul) and FC website still states that inflight meals are included?:cool:
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'd agree a MealDeal from Boots is great for when you leave the UK. That's never the problem. It's when you are returning home from somewhere like Turkey or Egypt where selection at the airports is often poor or looks horrid, or the prices (Turkey!) are high. That's when having an inflight meal comes into it's own.
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    Westin wrote: »
    I'd agree a MealDeal from Boots is great for when you leave the UK. That's never the problem. It's when you are returning home from somewhere like Turkey or Egypt where selection at the airports is often poor or looks horrid, or the prices (Turkey!) are high. That's when having an inflight meal comes into it's own.

And that's the problem, Dalaman airport is a complete rip off, they tried to charge us the equivelant of £13 for a can of coke, 500ml bottle of water and a small can of lager. A meal deal may be fine on a short daytime flight but who wants a sandwich and a bag of crisps at 06:00 am.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • NonGeographicalMan
    Options
    danielley wrote: »
    Is it long haul as well?

I am thinking of booking a First Choice Holiday and it is with Thomson Airways, (It is long haul) and FC website still states that inflight meals are included?:cool:

BA and all the other long haul operators still include meals in the long haul ticket price so I'm pretty sure Thomson would follow suit on routes actually defined as long haul like Gatwick to Sanford (Orlando) etc.

However if someone knows different perhaps they can tell us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure