Waiting For Credit Card

Options
Last week (Wednesday) I received some forms to sign from NatWest after applying for their Classic Credit Card online the night before. On the Thursday I took the papers in the provided envelope to my local NatWest branch and they posted them for me.

So it's been a week and I was just wondering on average how long it takes for a credit card/pin number etc to arrive in the post.

Comments

• Bokken_2
    Bokken_2 Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    I had one of these a couple of years ago and I gave up waiting for it to arrive mine took five weeks.
    All the other credit cards and financial correspondance I have had normally takes seven days,I always seem to order credit cards just before the weekend but they still arrive by the following Friday.If you order at the beginning of the week they should arrive by the following Monday Tuesday that's my experience.Again your credit score will have a baring on the speed of the application depending whether the company has to do more checks or not.
  • thevillageidiot
    Options
    Hello there!

Most credit card companies will aim to get your card out in 7 to 10 WORKING days. However, at this time of the year it will take longer. All those Christmas applications won't help! Wait for the full 7 WORKING days and give them a call asking if they have received your details and an estimate as to delivery time. They won't mind and you can get peace of mind.

Good luck

cam
  • Phoenix79_2
    Phoenix79_2 Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    Give it a couple of weeks before you start chasing them
  • matthewconnelly
    Options
    I went into my branch today and the guy me a number to ring, and a print off of my account status. It has the card number on it but I can't use it yet because it doesn't have the expiry date/cv2. I was pretty chuffed with a £1000 limit that's stated on the print off, and I was confirmed this when I rang the number. I was also told that the account was only "set up" yesterday, so i'm not sure if i'll get the card in the next couple of days (7-10 from my application) or next week (7-10 from the set up date.)
  • amidon7
    Options
    I applied for a NatWest credit card in early September, which was refused. I wasn't really surprised as I am new to this country having just moved here from Australia in June. However, I wrote to them enclosing my Australian credit report and received a request back from them asking to see my Australian bank statements for the last two months. On receiving these, they approved my credit card application (with a credit limit of £1000) and I received the card in 7 days. However the whole process including time for correspondence took a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure