Finally my MP writes back about the CSA

Options
++

I've had a letter back from my MP about the CSA and my concerns...

In short - I should be happy that they leave me more to live on than if I were on benefit (benefit + £30 +15% to be more precise). That's not bad for a 40+ hour 6 day week - haven't work out how that compares to the minimum wage yet...

I've still to study the letter closely - but all in all I've achieved nothing...

++

Comments

• saintjanet
    Options
    I have not had any dealings with the CSA myself but it seems that they do their best ,to get more and more ,out of the people who are paying and dont do much to chase the ones who are not.
    :) There are two sides to every story.
    I am not a SAINT just a saints supporter(saints RLFC)Grand final winners 2006.World club champions 2007.
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What did you write to your mp about exactly?
  • Rebekka_2
    Rebekka_2 Posts: 989 Forumite
    Options
    kelloggs36 wrote:
    What did you write to your mp about exactly?
    Click on username, then threads by user:o

Any news from your friend yet?
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    Have chased him up about 2 minutes ago. He is usually pretty good!
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    Rebekka wrote:
    Click on username, then threads by user:o

Any news from your friend yet?

He's posted loads of stuff, I just wondered if there was anything specific about writing to his MP, or whether it was just the general stuff. MPs can only help gee things up a bit, but they can't change the system (not unless there is a lot of pressure and that has happened already as we all know!!)
  • krashovr10ad
    Options
    ++

To be honest most of the stuff I've posted here has been a bit of a rambling rant about the injustice of the CSA but then most people who've dealt with the CSA know that some has been something seriously wrong with it since its creation...

My main rant has been about that I've been under the impression that I'm paying for my child under the old system and I've always assumed that the father of my ex-partners other two children has been worked out under the new assessment method. I don't know if this is actually true - I've only been working with the age of his children and the date when the new system came into effect.

I've never wanted to know what he's paying - I just wanted to know whether we we're being dealt with equally by the system...

I admit I've been a bit obsessed with the fact that I'm paying 28% of wages to the CSA and that if I was assessed under the new system it would be 15%. It doesn't help that a large chunk of my income (12%) is tied up in a loan for the next 3 years and that there are no allowances for this...

After hearing back from my MP I know no more than I did before - but then reading back the letter I sent it does seem that I didn't actually ask my MP to look into anything. A bit of a waste of time on my part - not because my MP didn't help but because I didn't word my letter in a way that there was anything they could really help with...

Does that make sense..??

So my next step is to write back to my MP with some specific questions and then they might be able to provide me with some answers...

Anyway - thanks for all the input and advice that people have offered over my numerous rambling threads.

++
  • Rebekka_2
    Options
    Am i wrong in thinking your only gripe is you are assessed on the old system and the other father is assessed on the new system?
  • krashovr10ad
    Options
    ++

Yes -the issue of maintenance assessments has been a big concern...

Also - my partner finds it incredible that she was much better off living as a single parent than living as a family with me (a full time wage earning adult)...

++
  • kelloggs36
    Options
    I had a reply telling me he is checking it out, so should get a definate response soon regarding PWCs and multiple NRPs.

You definately need to ask specific questions, but we can help here if you want to try us as well!!!

MP can only really speed up things for you to either get things done, or get a response to specific queries but they can't do much else. You could ask your MP to recommend a Parliamentary Ombudsman referral if your case has been handled badly with long delays, wrong assessments etc. They will investigate and send a report back with their findings.
  • Rebekka_2
    Options
    ++

Yes -the issue of maintenance assessments has been a big concern...

Also - my partner finds it incredible that she was much better off living as a single parent than living as a family with me (a full time wage earning adult)...

++
    Not sure how that is, you stated in your post you live above the benefit line by £30 plus an extra 15% :confused:

Thank you kelloggs, look forward to hearing that i have it completely wrong probably:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure