Hand delivered junk mail - but only half way thru letterbox

This is something that annoys me no end! It's winter. Its freezing outside. You are trying to keep the house at a decent temperature with no central heating (as yet). Some %£@& comes along and sticks the latest menu for the local chinese, ALDI special offers, Co-op offers etc, whatever.

That in itself isnt a major problem, sometimes they have good offers, but they only stick it half way through the letterbox. This means any spiders and stuff can crawl thru for a starter as has happened lately, even had a slug trying to set up home! But of course, cos the letterbox is now permenantly open a good inch or so, it means the heat escapes the cold winter air flows freely in. Been off work for a few weeks and we get these deliveres 3 times a week and always in the morning, so if I was at work, I would have a good 6 hours of this cold air poring in. One day as well the way the rain was falling - ie horizontally it seems, the rain water was leaking in as well and soaked their leaflets, my floor and the mail I had delivered that day as well.

Rant over, still not feeling better LOL. Does anyone else get annoyed by this? Id rather not receive the junk cos 9 times out of 10 it goes straight in the bin, but if you must do it, push it all the way thru.

JW

Comments

• shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    I know what you mean it is annoying but put it another way with 14 years of experince as a postman, it is difficult to put letters through boxes at times, not content with some letter boxes ripping your skin off, as some do, also there is an added danger, dogs. Once you put your fingers through that box it can be deemed as tresspassing.

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    Got a sticker on my letterbox saying 'please ensure all mail is pushed fully through the flap' - it's amazing how many people cannot read! :mad:
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport