PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th May 2011

Options

Comments

• fuddled_2
    fuddled_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I would like to join you all too.

My house isn't too bad but I'm super busy and conscious that it's not as clean as it should be.

Thank you for compiling the list :)

Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One
    Clear and wipe worksurfaces
    Scrub down the front of units and large appliances
    Level Two
    Wipe and replace small appliances
    Clean oven and hob
    Wash windows and sills
    Level Three
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Degunge the fridge!
    Extras
    Thoroughly clean the cupboard under the sink!
    Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle
    Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    Wipe the back door down.. inside.. and out!!

My extra's ~
    hang out washing or airer it
    wash our bedding
    put shopping away
    make chicken and mushroom pie
    make DH's packed lunch for Tuesday
    I'm challenging myself to only buy clothes from charity shops till 20th May 2012.

Gas Account in debit: £332.77.. working hard to clear it by Autumn 2011.
    Car fund in preparation for post graduate education: £0
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Count me in this week. Thanks to FCC
  • toottifrootti
    toottifrootti Posts: 6,427 Forumite
    Options
    welcome to all our newbies - its not as scary as it looks - just dont spend all your time trying to keep up with the thread - be sure to read post 1 and 2.

been on my bike - oh my wobbly legs - but must try harder if I am going to make it south for Christmas!

toots xx
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last
    DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

• Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello flylady friends.

I'm in this week. Thanks got to Pigpen, Toots and assistants.

I've been on an ironing marathon this weekend. It's 4 weeks since I had my hand operation and the ironing has built up a bit;).

1 week until the moonwalk marathon. If any of my flylady friends would like to sponsor be I would be very grateful. PM me and I'll send you a link to the Walk the Walk fundraising site. It's also on my FB page. I've trained through my broken hand and runners knee and it's been an interesting journey. I still have to decorate my bra and it's not easy with a compromised sewing hand!

I've got to do some extra hours at work this week. It's good because I need some extra money but I have a very busy week and I was only told on Friday. I plan to work all day Monday when the little ones are at school and maybe the same on Wednesday.

I hope everyone is well and happy and I hope to pay more attention to the the thread this week. I'm still struggling after my phone meltdown and that is why I've dropped off the radar a bit.
  • outofmoney
    outofmoney Posts: 936 Forumite
    Options
    Hi...Would like to join you all.

Health is not great so tend to get rather tired. Hubby does the washing and a few other things about the house but is not aware of the smaller things (like wiping over worktops and appliances) so these build up and I end up spending a day or two doing major cleaning then a week or two recovering!

Will go for level one and then see what I can from two and three.
  • flugellover
    flugellover Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to all contributing to this thread - just what I needed!
    I have just gone back to work following maternity leave - having taken a year to get into a routine that let me keep the house reasonable with new twins in the house, it is amazing what taking 2 days out to go to 'the office' has done! But the common sense approach (do what you can, when you can, and don't loose sleep about what you can't) is reassuring :T
    Just to say - I am a bit of a lurker on the forum generally, so might not post much, but thank you for the guidance:D
    Flugellover :D
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've been slacking. The gardening weather has been good, I was away for a few days and then just busy. Today I spent an hour in the kitchen/utility and felt embarassed at how much I've NOT been doing.

Tomorrow I have a friend's baby coming to play with me for a little while, so must get the sitting room clean and tidy for him to potter about in and roll around the floor and then spend time each day cleaning y house not licking and promising!

I hope every one has been well :)
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm in...got a lot of frog eating to do this week....will keep you posted as I chomp 'em down.th_jumpingfrogsmilie.gifth_jumpingfrogsmilie.gifth_jumpingfrogsmilie.gif
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The house is looking fab after a good sort out thanks to Flylady last week so will definately following all the lists again this week
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ironing done, thanks for the tea PenPen - DH made me a cuppa too. I'm drinking in reverse to you, I had already had wine with dinner and a second would have put the ironing off for another night.

Triker good luck with those frogs - I may join you.

DH away most of the week and busy time with boys so need to be organised. I'll do a list on my first post to keep me on track.

Welcome - frugellover and outofmoney
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family